737 Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

737 Max

Should the CEO go? Will you fly it? Boeing stock? Me CEO & board should be ok fired and start anew. They created the problem and canít solve it so all should go IMHO.

Not sure about the CEO...but I have a coworker who is obsessed with aviation...to the point where I start to glaze over when he's talking about details and why the 737 have issues, etc etc.

Will I fly 737 when they're back in the air, yep. Before, boeing was basically allowed to self govern/certify themselves. Now the FAA is involved which is no joke. Boeing is under an electron microscope. When those planes are back in the air, they will be safe and that issue will be corrected. In terms of stock, I view that stock like pretty much any other individual stock, I dont mess with it. I stick with index funds.

Comment

Originally posted by rennigade View Post
      Now the FAA is involved which is no joke. Boeing is under an electron microscope. When those planes are back in the air, they will be safe and that issue will be corrected.
      Yeah... I fly for a living, and interacting with the FAA is truly one of the most painful things I have to do. Their regulations are more stringent than just about any I've ever had to deal with. Their level of risk acceptance can be roughly approximated as ZERO....which in the flying business, is extremely onerous to overcome. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, because it has ensured that U.S. air travel is exceptionally safe. But man... I've never met anyone more risk-averse than an FAA rep.
      "Praestantia per minutus" ... "Acta non verba"

Comment

I heard that the CEO is not going to take a bonus this year.
        That's pretty nice of him.......
        Brian

Comment

Yes I will fly.
          No I don't plan to buy Boeing stock, or any other individual stock either.
          I have no opinion on the CEO. I don't know what, if any, involvement he had in the matter.
          Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
          * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
          * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

I already flew on a Max 8, back in March before they grounded them, so likely if in service again, I will fly on one. However, I'd rather have strict safety rules and none at all.
            My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

Comment

looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffin' glue
              Gunga galunga...gunga -- gunga galunga.

Comment

Working...
              X