Announcement

Collapse

Under Construction - Migration Clean Up

SA Community.

In order to improve speed and performance we migrated servers on Friday. We are noting some issues on the site and are working fix the migration clean up over the weekend.

If you see any problems please email them to => [email protected] or report them to the forums mods.
See more
See less

Comment Spam in the Blogs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creditcardfree View Post
    As you can tell, LR and I are your top bloggers. It's nice to hear you have some sympathy, it's just gone on for so long it doesn't feel like a priority from my perspective. Not leaving yet, but it's always in the back of my mind.
    CCF - no excuses, we're on it.
    [email protected]

Comment

Guys - can you please test it now? Chris thinks he has a fix.
      [email protected]

Comment

I saw the one on Ima posts and was a little annoyed, especially since we donít know what happened to her. Thanks for posting this here. I was wondering how to report

Comment

Originally posted by james.hendrickson View Post
          Guys - can you please test it now? Chris thinks he has a fix.
          Yes, it appears fixed to me! I can see the delete option for comments on my blog. I also can see the edit entry on each blog entry of mine. Thank you!
          My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

Comment

Guys - really, really sorry about the delay on this. As near as I can tell, here is what happened. When we converted the site from http to https we didn't factor in that the code that runs the user blogs was still pulling the old http related code, so Chris, our tech, had to go back over all the syntax and manually update everything to https. That took about a full working day.

In any event, thank you all for your patience and thank you all for making an effort to bring this to my attention. I'm just sorry that it took me so long to get through my thick head that it was an issue.
            [email protected]

Comment

We do love it here, so as long as it works reasonably well, I can cope. It seems to be going fine for the last few days.

Oh, I've got a couple of comment spammers for you: Jonathon Coleman and Mike Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyRobin View Post
                We do love it here, so as long as it works reasonably well, I can cope. It seems to be going fine for the last few days.

Oh, I've got a couple of comment spammers for you: Jonathon Coleman and Mike Jackson.
                Nailed those spammers.

LuckyRobin - is the delete comments function not restored? It should have been.

[email protected]

Comment

The delete comments function has been restored, (although the emojis still don't work) but the ones I report are not just on my entries, they are on other people's entries as well, sometimes on really old entries that I just happen to have commented on in the past and so get emails for notifying me there are new comments. Speaking of which, I have three new ones for you:

gun mayhem
                  Dillen
                  ariana

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyRobin View Post
                    although the emojis still don't work
                    True. These don't work on the blog site.

My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

Comment

Spam deleted, will notify Chris that we need to get the Emojis fixed.
                      [email protected]

Comment

I'm beginning to wonder if these spammers are somehow getting our emails. I have been getting a lot of really weird emails from different names and I don't visit very many sites besides SA and Facebook.

Comment

2 more comment spammers:

math homework help
                          https://papercoach.co/

Comment

LR - got them. Are you not able to delete them on your own? I thought Chris fixed that.
                            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by james.hendrickson View Post
                              LR - got them. Are you not able to delete them on your own? I thought Chris fixed that.
                              James, we can delete comments on our own blogs. We can't delete spam we find in other people's blogs and we can't ban the spammers.
                              Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
                              * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
                              * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

James, we can delete comments on our own blogs. We can't delete spam we find in other people's blogs and we can't ban the spammers.
                                I like the "ban the spammers idea".
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X