Comment Spam in the Blogs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment Spam in the Blogs

We are getting comment spam in the blogs again and we can't fix them because the comments say you are logged out even when you are logged in (again) and will not allow you to delete them. Chrissam is one and I suspect John Richard is another as I got a notification from a post I had previously posted on from Ima Saver who has not posted in a couple years and usually the people that go through and post on old posts like that are comment spammers. Chrissam is definitely a comment spammer, though, as he has included a link and used the improper syntax that these people usually use.

Originally posted by LuckyRobin View Post
    We are getting comment spam in the blogs again and we can't fix them because the comments say you are logged out even when you are logged in (again) and will not allow you to delete them. Chrissam is one and I suspect John Richard is another as I got a notification from a post I had previously posted on from Ima Saver who has not posted in a couple years and usually the people that go through and post on old posts like that are comment spammers. Chrissam is definitely a comment spammer, though, as he has included a link and used the improper syntax that these people usually use.
    Thank you for alerting us to this issue! We will be working with our tech to get this resolved. I'll keep you updated here.

Comment

Guys - Chris, our tech has this on his list. It came up at our meeting last week. He is working on a fix.
      [email protected]

Comment

Is he also working on a fix to allow us to edit our blog entries? 'Cause we can't do that now, too.

Comment

Ugh - sorry about that LR - let me see what can be done. That should be an easy to do basic functionality.
          [email protected]

Comment

FYI, I'm able to edit entries if I go to the Control Panel. But since we aren't logged in on some screens, the option to edit at the bottom is no longer there as an option. At least I think it that was the other way...it's been so messed up for so long, it's really hard to remember.
            My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

Comment

CCF - I've got it on the techs list. Thank you! Really sorry for all the trouble.
              [email protected]

Comment

CCF--I can't. When I go to my control panel and click view and edit entries, it is blank. So maybe it is working for some and not others.

James--I know I'm a pain in the butt about this. I just want the blog community to not die because of all these constant issues. It's important to us over there.

Comment

LR, I think it's all connected to the fact that we can't stay logged in on the blogs. I'm sorry you can't edit, but I did just want to let them know that I could. I agree that all the issues should be addressed on the blogs. I think often about moving my entries, but I would miss everyone.

Comment

CCF--If we could move en masse, maybe, so we could stay a community. But as of now I don't think they even have a way of exporting the blog from here or saving it as a file, so moving it with all the history would be impossible.

Comment

James--

We have more comment spammers in the blogs--Averila, Anna, iCloud Support Number, and rajesh paul.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyRobin View Post
                        CCF--If we could move en masse, maybe, so we could stay a community. But as of now I don't think they even have a way of exporting the blog from here or saving it as a file, so moving it with all the history would be impossible.
                        Yep, impossible to move as a file.

Comment

Lucky Robin - really, really sorry about the continued spam issues. I have gone back and deleted all the spam comments you identified.

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by creditcardfree View Post

Yep, impossible to move as a file.
                            Guys - I want to take a moment to apologize to everyone for the slow pace of work on the user blogs. Many of you have dedicated countless hours to maintaining and working on your blogs. If I were in your shoes I'd be totally unhappy with the continued technical problems. Really sorry about that.

Please rest assured that we will make getting the blogs repaired our first priority. And then hopefully we will be able to have a broader discussion about what can be done to make the blogs better and easier rather than merely "fix" whats not working.
                            [email protected]

Comment

As you can tell, LR and I are your top bloggers. It's nice to hear you have some sympathy, it's just gone on for so long it doesn't feel like a priority from my perspective. Not leaving yet, but it's always in the back of my mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X