No announcement yet.

2019 Decluttering Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our youngest moved to an apartment at school so I went through his room and donated the clothes he left that were too small. I also went through my closet and gave away all my belts, I swear the majority are probably a good 25 years old and no way will I ever get my size 25 waist back again, so they're finally gone too.

Our oldest got a job in IN at the end of July and she came back today for the holiday weekend. She brought back some stuff she doesn't need so next week I'll be getting rid of that too, right now it's all sitting in the living room cluttering it up :-(.

Comment

• I went into the garage a bit after dinner. I have 3 boxes of stuff ready to take to Goodwill as well as a large cork board. The temperature had dropped some but it was still rather humid so I didn't stay in there as long as I had hoped but I can take those boxes over on Wednesday so that's another step in the right direction.

Oh, I also started breaking down an old photo album. I got about halfway through it.
      Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
      * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
      * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

• Did some more decluttering today. We're getting new carpet on Saturday so everything has to come out of the family room. Got all the old magazines and newspaper recipes and articles I've been saving but never use and took to the recycling. I also cleaned out our tv stand. Took all the old VHS tapes to goodwill and pitched a bunch of vhs tapes that we recorded old movies and cartoons on.

In the garage I took an insta bench down to the soccer field and wrote free on it hoping a coach will use it for his team( that's what we used it for, our soccer days are long gone). I also took 3 old folding chairs to goodwill that we just don't ever use or have a need for anymore.

Took empty boxes to recycling and donated more old clothes to goodwill.

I'm tired!

Comment

• I've been saying for a while that I needed to give ebay another shot. I put it off over the summer because we had vacations in June and August and I didn't want to have to work around our travels but fall is about here and I have no more excuses. I just listed 5 items and I'll see how they do. I have a box of stuff that I've set aside as I was cleaning the garage and still have a ton of Disney collectibles from when we used to sell regularly. I spend way too much time sitting around at night and on days off. This will give me something to do between listing, packing, and shipping, will bring in some money, and will help with the decluttering. I'll post updates as I have them.
          Steve

* Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?

Comment

• Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
            I have 3 boxes of stuff ready to take to Goodwill as well as a large cork board... I can take those boxes over on Wednesday
            I've been sick all week but finally got that stuff over to Goodwill today so that's 3 more cartons of stuff gone.
            Steve

Comment

• I had a whole trash bag of plastic hangers from when my kids were small and their clothes came on them. I took them to the recycle as the donation site didn't have any use for them.

Next project is going to be going through my fall decorations. I bought an orange bin today and will be putting what I don't want in the orange bin and taking to my oldest DD when we go visit her in a few weeks. She can use these hand me downs to decorate her place for a start. And I can start downsizing all these holiday decorations I have.

Comment

• Listed another item on ebay. No bids yet on yesterday's listings.
                Steve

Comment

• My wife listed our cat carrier on Facebook marketplace - when it goes we should have a cool $5.

Its been sitting in the closet for the last two years, and I'm looking forward to seeing it gone.
                  james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

• Listed another item on Ebay.
                    Last edited by disneysteve; 09-08-2019, 03:21 PM.
                    Steve

Comment

• Got my halloween decorations down from the attic, took out the few I wanted and my son's here and he wanted a few for his apartment, this surprised me,ha. Packed the leftovers in a bin for my out of state daughter and my DH wanted some for his office. Now I have 2 empty 18 gallon bins, whoop, whoop!

Comment

Listed another item on Ebay.
                        I've got 9 auctions running now.

My daughter was helping me sort some old baseball cards and she discovered something I totally wouldn't have noticed. In 1974, the San Diego Padres were in talks to move to Washington, D.C. Topps actually partially printed the team cards with the Washington header before the deal fell through so only 15 cards actually got printed. I've got 7 of them. I was going to sell all of the 1974 cards as one big lot but it turns out these variation cards are actually worth several dollars each so I'm listing those on their own. Hopefully that will attract a buyer and bring in more than I expected. We shall see. If nothing else, I learned a neat bit of baseball trivia.
                        Steve

Comment

• I listed a 10th ebay auction. I have bids on 2 items so far of the 9 already listed.
                          Steve

Comment

I listed a 10th ebay auction. I have bids on 2 items so far of the 9 already listed.
                            Listed another item. Have bids on 3 items totaling $40.50 so far.
                            Steve

Comment

• Tossed out some worn out socks, underwear, t-shirts. Gave away the last of my blu ray collection since I backed them up on my NAS.
                              "I'd buy that for a dollar!"

Comment

• Wife sold a fryer today...and she unloaded a crock pot last night.
                                james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X