Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ima saver
    replied
    I have a breadmaker that I never use either. I plan to put it into my next garage sale.

Leave a comment:

• catlinye_maker
    replied
    Originally posted by cschin4 View Post
    I am "baking impaired". I would probably get more use out of the breadmaker. I have a "Just for Dinner" Westbend breadmaker that makes a small loaf in 45 min. But, it only has one rise cycle and makes a tiny loaf. I do use it and it is very simple to premake the ingredients in baggies and just toss in when I want fresh bread for dinner. But, it is a heavy loaf and very "yeasty". So, I would like a larger, lighter loaf with longer rise time.
    Well, in that case, I'd go ahead and get a good quality breadmaker. (I still think bread making by hand is fun, but not everyone shares my perversions.. 8) ) You know you'll use it because you already use one and have a system for it. If you get one with a start timer on it you can load it in the morning to fire up in time for fresh bread at dinner.

Leave a comment:

• cschin4
    replied
    I am "baking impaired". I would probably get more use out of the breadmaker. I have a "Just for Dinner" Westbend breadmaker that makes a small loaf in 45 min. But, it only has one rise cycle and makes a tiny loaf. I do use it and it is very simple to premake the ingredients in baggies and just toss in when I want fresh bread for dinner. But, it is a heavy loaf and very "yeasty". So, I would like a larger, lighter loaf with longer rise time.

Leave a comment:

• catlinye_maker
    replied
    Originally posted by cschin4 View Post
    I really want to buy a Cuisnart breadmaker. I keep looking at in on Amazon. It is $129. My 11 yr old son just loves baked bread. And, I think I could get a good pizza dough out it as well. Should I splurge?
    Honestly? If you were me, no. Baking bread is easier than you'd think, and very satisfying (especially on a bad day, when all the people who thwarted you get pummelled in the kneading). We have a bread machine, gotten several years ago as a Christmas present. We used it perhaps 5 times right after we got it, and not at all since. It's a dustcatcher now and has been for years.

Give the old-fashioned way a try, and if you don't like the process but still like the bread, then buy a breadmaker. I really like this set of instructions for breadmaking.

On topic, I'm working hard (struggling with) not making impulse purchases (mostly books). The instant gratification of hearing of a new book and immediately running out and dropping 20-30 dollars at the bookstore has a tendency to really put a crimp in the paying-off-CC-debt goal.

Leave a comment:

• cschin4
    replied
    I really want to buy a Cuisnart breadmaker. I keep looking at in on Amazon. It is $129. My 11 yr old son just loves baked bread. And, I think I could get a good pizza dough out it as well. Should I splurge?

Leave a comment:

• motherof1child
    replied
    Cheese burgers

Leave a comment:

• veronak
    replied
    For me I would have to say a new car. I drive an old 89 Toyota Camry (it's running) and when ever I see my friends car or a nicer one I think I am debt free now I can afford a new car. But I am holding on strong stashing way some funds for when the time comes but it is a struggle

Leave a comment:

• sparkysgirl
    replied
    furniture!

3 years ago we sadly watched everything we owned wash away in a flood. We've had hand me downs ugly furniture ever since. We bought our first starter house and everything we have is just so ugly. It is so discouraging, but we own it. $200.00 more to go on our last credit card and we can start saving towards a bigger better home with new furniture (purchased with cash!

Leave a comment:

• QueenOphelia
    replied
    Re: What Are You Struggling To Not Buy?

HDTV.

I would have to get rid of my current wall system which I adore. So between a new wall system and a 42" Sony Bravia LCD...it is just too much right $$ now.

Leave a comment:

• tinapbeana
    replied

Originally posted by Coleroo
    i've been struggling for 3 years not to buy one of the new nice flat panel screens for my desktop.. *sigh* ..I've had the same chunky cream colored monitor since 1997. I just keep recycling it through my past few computers! Every time I think of buying one - then realize i could put that money on a car payment or my ROTH, I cringe and stop myself!
    you might want to reconsider getting the LCD monitor: they use 40-60% less electricity than a regular monitor. the prices on the LCDs have come down a lot in the past couple of years, and assuming you keep this one 10 years like you did this last one, you could wind up saving a fair amount on your electric bill over the course of time.

Leave a comment:

• LuxLiving
    replied

For the last couple of weeks I've been struggling to not buy groceries until the first of the month! Got.to.stay.out.of.the.store!!

So far, so good, haven't bought fresh groceries since 2/6. I did buy at the scratch n' dent store on the 21st, but it was all either canned or boxed goods, nothing fresh. This shopping on the 21st was actually a brain-fart as I FORGOT that I was trying not to shop! DUMB!

Trying to work myself up to a once-a-month mindset!

Leave a comment:

• Ima saver
    replied

Well I have been struggling not to buy new clothes, but today I got a new pair of jeans. My first new pair in 5 years.

Leave a comment:

• Coleroo
    replied

i've been struggling for 3 years not to buy one of the new nice flat panel screens for my desktop.. *sigh* ..I've had the same chunky cream colored monitor since 1997. I just keep recycling it through my past few computers! Every time I think of buying one - then realize i could put that money on a car payment or my ROTH, I cringe and stop myself!

Leave a comment:

• frugalmomof1
    replied

New clothes, because I know that I will need maternity clothes in a few months.

Leave a comment:

• shengmei
    replied

All kinds of beauty products.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X