Costco Meats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco Meats?

I haven't bought meat like Lucky Robin from a farm, but I also haven't bought meats from grocery stores for years. It's only been at costco. I will buy chicken at the grocery store but the days of cheap chicken at least where I live seem to be gone. I can't find it for less than 2.99/lb. I used to buy when it hit $1.99. Anyway someone was chatting about steaks and just meat in general. I realized I haven't bought any meat other than costco for pork tenderloin, flank steak , beef short ribs, stew meat (5.99/lb prime), rib roast all from costco. I swear it's cheaper than normal grocery stores and better tasting and looking. Anyone else find that? Or am I missing out on grocery stores? No aldi, winco, publix, discount grocery stores nearby. I haven't ever tried the meat at target or walmart but it'll be a hike at least 20+ miles to super target or walmart. Just the nature of where I live. But I'm curious about if I'm missing out on cheaper meats for savings?
    LivingAlmostLarge Blog

Costco and Sams Club both have really good meat selections.
    I shop both.

Sometimes we go to the local chain for meat as well (Giant Eagle Market District)
    Not cheap, but about the best quality around

Brian

Comment

We generally buy from Costco. They usually have a good price on chicken, and we eat a lot of salmon, which they sell frozen, in bags. We've used their ground beef for tacos and burgers, and also like to buy their bags of frozen burger patties. It's high quality stuff.

Every now and then we'll pick up a steak from the grocery store; we prefer that to be a bit more fresh, and we're a little more choosy about the cut. I also cruise the bargain section for our dog. If they've got some chicken cut up for stir fry or that needs to be eaten right away, I've been known to buy a package (usually $2-$3) as a special treat for our little guy.

Comment

I admit I thought it was but I don't have a lot of options like others for good grocery stores.
        LivingAlmostLarge Blog

Comment

Working...
        X