Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Places to buy discounted gift cards (namely Uber in this case)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places to buy discounted gift cards (namely Uber in this case)?

Unfortunately what I was hoping for didn't happen but thought I'd check on this anyway. One of my BIG problems is I do not drive. There's a bus system now a days but it's 5 miles down the road at this time and also you have to go down some really busy roads to get there. Been surviving mostly on walking, biking and bumming the occasional ride, but there's times a gal can't bum a ride or just wants to do things alone. (I have to think of the meantime.)

Is there places besides Ebay to find discounted gift cards for Uber? (Lyft is sometimes cheaper but they don't really have gift cards.) I'd rather go somewhere that's legit so I get what I want if I need one and not have problems like identity theft.

I get all of my discounted cards through GiftCardGranny.com. They don't sell the cards themselves but link to all of the sites that do. I've used pretty much all of them and all are legit. Giftcards.com, ABC cards, GiftcardBin, Cardpool, Cardflip - they're all fine if you find them on Gift Card Granny.
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Thanks Steve. I'll bookmark'em and check them out. I figure that's one way to save on a uber and I've managed to fiangle free ones before but right now those are not thick on the ground, sadly. (Sometimes ya can win some from Coke, but I had little to no luck this round. Par for the course sometimes.)

I figure if I'm going to have to use it, might as well try to save money on my rides. I'm already saving money on the county bus; it takes me 1 buck each way b/c I'm disabled (tho the disability is not visible.)

Comment

Also, make sure you get notifications on the apps as they sometimes run specials. Just the other day, I got a pop up from Lyft that I could get 25% off my next 10 rides.
        Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
        * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
        * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Good call on this topic guys, I didn't even know that Uber and Lyft accepted giftcards, but this is slick way to get 10% off a ride.
          james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

I didn't realize that Lyft had gift cards; the only ones I've seen are so much off a ride. So I never considered those true gift cards.

I'll keep my eyes open though since yes, I do use them when I can't bum a ride for some reason and I'd like to save me some money on such things since I don't have much.

Comment

Working...
            X