Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else wear their jeans twice before washing?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Does anyone else wear their jeans twice before washing?

    I'd consider myself a pretty clean guy, but I must confess I typically wear my jeans twice before I wash them. I've got a white collar job and don't usually get my jeans too dirty on a normal day. When I'm done wearing them, I'll hang them back up and fold one pant leg to remind myself they've been worn.

    I really hate doing laundry and like saving money.

    Does anyone think this is dirty?

    #2
    I do it often... I don't consider it dirty. I'll also wear a sweatshirt a second day particularly if I have a shirt on underneath.

    Now wearing socks or underwear a 2nd day... that would be gross.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by sweeps View Post
      Now wearing socks or underwear a 2nd day... that would be gross.
      Ha! I totally agree with you on that!

      Comment


        #4
        Yes, I wear jeans more then once but no more then 2-3 times. My DH is the same. Most of the time he only has his on for a couple of hours after work and it just hanging at home so they aren't dirty.

        Comment


          #5
          My hubby and I do this too. Jeans and sweatshirts for 2 days. I'd love to do this with my 2 daughters but they are still messy when they eat so they only get one wear out of clothes before washing. Considering that jeans and sweatshirts take up the most room in the washer/dryer and take the longest to dry it has to save money to do it this way.

          Comment


            #6
            I think this is fine...I do it too. But please, don't do what one co-worker of mine did one week.

            Monday, he had blue jeans and blue collared shirt on.

            Tuesday, he had (the same) blue jeans and (the same) blue collared shirt on, with salsa on it.

            Wednesday, he had (the same) blue jeans and (the same) blue collared shirt on, with chip dip on it, AND greasy, greasy, greasy hair.

            Thursday, he had (the same) blue jeans and (the same) blue collared shirt on, with chip dip on it, greasy, greasy, greasy hair and an office you did NOT want to walk into (phew!)

            I didn't have to work on Friday. But I went in anyway, you know, just to see. And he had...(the same) blue jeans and (the same) blue collared shirt on, with chip dip on it, greasy, greasy, greasy hair and an office you did NOT want to walk into (phew!). I stayed for like an hour and left.

            Comment


              #7
              I do it too... I guess I just assumed that everyone did it [although with me it might be out of sheer laziness ]

              I figure I pretty much only wear them after work, and as long as they don't get muddy (wet backyard+playing with the dog) or wet (walks in the rain or snow) or I get sweaty (nope, not in freezing winter) there's no harm in wearing them two or three times

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by cptacek View Post
                I think this is fine...I do it too. But please, don't do what one co-worker of mine did one week.

                Monday, he had blue jeans and blue collared shirt on.

                Tuesday, he had (the same) blue jeans and (the same) blue collared shirt on, with salsa on it.

                Wednesday, he had (the same) blue jeans and (the same) blue collared shirt on, with chip dip on it, AND greasy, greasy, greasy hair.

                Thursday, he had (the same) blue jeans and (the same) blue collared shirt on, with chip dip on it, greasy, greasy, greasy hair and an office you did NOT want to walk into (phew!)

                I didn't have to work on Friday. But I went in anyway, you know, just to see. And he had...(the same) blue jeans and (the same) blue collared shirt on, with chip dip on it, greasy, greasy, greasy hair and an office you did NOT want to walk into (phew!). I stayed for like an hour and left.
                I don't think a ditch digger would show up to work dirty like that, day after day. Sounds to me like there is could be a mental health problem. Depression, perhaps.
                "There is some ontological doubt as to whether it may even be possible in principle to nail down these things in the universe we're given to study." --text msg from my kid

                "It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." --Frederick Douglass

                Comment


                  #9
                  I wear my jeans until they are dirty (well, they never really get "dirty"). I would say I get at least 7 wears out of them between washing. They don't smell bad or look dirty. Way more than twice for me. Shirts will be worn more than once (unless I've managed to get them dirty or they smell). Underwear? Fresh daily - I would NEVER use those more than 1 day. I shower every morning and often again either bath or shower at night, so I'm a very clean person.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Joan.of.the.Arch View Post
                    I don't think a ditch digger would show up to work dirty like that, day after day. Sounds to me like there is could be a mental health problem. Depression, perhaps.
                    Yes, he had depression. But he wouldn't take care of it. Eventually he quit, and I haven't heard how he is doing. He was a really great IT guy, though.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I do it. Partially because it saves money, but mostly because it's IMPOSSIBLE to find an open washing maching and/or dryer in my dorm room

                      After college ... I'll come up with another excuse to do it

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I always wear the same pants for a second day in a row, unless they got particularly dirty via mud or a spill or something. Shirts, underwear, and socks only a single day, however.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Of course!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I wear my pants and shirts for 4 days or so unless I would stain it. If I would wear only at work, I won't get sweaty or dirty from any mud or stuff. I have only one pants and 2 shirts that I use for work.

                            I don't take shower every day, every 2-3 days is fine, and if I do take shower it's usually no more that 5-7 minutes or so. On those days when I don't take shower, I get a wet washcloth with warm water and wipe the places that are more likely to be dirty and smelly. The socks an underwears I change every day, they don't take much space in the washer anyways. I mostly wear dark color clothes so that way I could wash it in a cold water.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I mostly wear jeans when I go out in the daytime or out to eat a night. Maybe a few hours a day. I wear them several times before washing cause they are really not dirty! This reminds me of a topic we had on here when I first joined and that was how often you took a shower. I put up some pretty funny answers to that one, like once a month in months that start with A!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X