Don't Forget, YouTube has Films That are Free With Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't Forget, YouTube has Films That are Free With Ads

Guys - don't forget, YouTube has movies that are free to watch. They have ads, but they aren't too bad.

Most of the quality isn't that great, but if you don't have Netflix or DisneyPlus, you could find a couple of good movies.

YouTube Free with Ads => here.
    james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

I love Youtube for how to videos and general info.
    I'll use it for music sometimes too.
    I've never tried to watch a movie on there.
    It's a bit sketchy at times due to copyright laws.
    Sometimes the picture will be inverted (mirror image) to skirt copyright.
    Other times you get picture in picture set ups, or tons of ads and pop ups.
    And a lot of times things will be taken down or blocked, and you have to wait for someone to re post it back up.
    But, in a pinch I guess you could catch a flick on there if you could deal with all that and assuming you can find what you're looking for.
    Brian

Comment

BJ - in this case, I think its legitimate and legal. YouTube has the videos tagged as "Free with Ads" and they're all in YouTube's official "Free Videos" section. So, I'm thinking they probably have the contracts/legal issues ironed out.

Comment

Originally posted by james.hendrickson View Post
        BJ - in this case, I think its legitimate and legal. YouTube has the videos tagged as "Free with Ads" and they're all in YouTube's official "Free Videos" section. So, I'm thinking they probably have the contracts/legal issues ironed out.
        I agree, James. The ones you are referring to are the legal ones.

What bjl584 is talking about is different. If you go on YouTube and search for a movie title, you can often find a bootleg upload. It may not be great quality, though sometimes it is. Sometimes it's loaded in multiple smaller parts. And sometimes it's there one day and gone the next because it gets taken down.

I haven't really watched movies there but I do use it for music frequently. I'll just search for whatever I want to listen to and it pops right up. You can get full albums which is great. Is it legal? Probably not but they never seem to go away.
        Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
        * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
        * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

I agree, James. The ones you are referring to are the legal ones.

What bjl584 is talking about is different. If you go on YouTube and search for a movie title, you can often find a bootleg upload. It may not be great quality, though sometimes it is. Sometimes it's loaded in multiple smaller parts. And sometimes it's there one day and gone the next because it gets taken down.

I haven't really watched movies there but I do use it for music frequently. I'll just search for whatever I want to listen to and it pops right up. You can get full albums which is great. Is it legal? Probably not but they never seem to go away.
          For me DisneySteve, I wonder if YouTube doesn't have a confused incentive structure. Their business model is to run ads on videos, so the more content that is consumed on their platform, the more revenue that arm of Alphabet generates. Since that is the case, what is YouTube/Alphabets incentive to actively eliminate copyright violation?

In any event, yes I was referring to the "free and LEGAL" section of YouTube's movies.

Comment

Originally posted by james.hendrickson View Post

For me DisneySteve, I wonder if YouTube doesn't have a confused incentive structure. Their business model is to run ads on videos, so the more content that is consumed on their platform, the more revenue that arm of Alphabet generates. Since that is the case, what is YouTube/Alphabets incentive to actively eliminate copyright violation?

In any event, yes I was referring to the "free and LEGAL" section of YouTube's movies.
            not confused. just overwhelmed.
            50,000 hours of content are uploaded to Youtube every day.
            there is no way to monitor all of that effectively or timely.
            Brian

Comment

Working...
            X