The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coupon Train Sign-Up

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coupon Train Sign-Up

I would like to sign up.
    I've been interested for awhile, but recently came across this forum. It does quite a good job at explaining how it works. I was always worried there would be too many people and by the time the coupons got to me, they would be expired.

Comment

I would also like to sign up.
      Live in Alabama.
      Iam a vegetarian...hope for soy burger,veggie burger,soy milk,veggie,tofu,low fat and
      sugar free food coupons.

Comment

Never couponed before. Really. Flash has nudged a boulder. I'd like to get on a list for a train, as I want to check out couponing. UNLESS in Flash's opion (or Jeffrey's) it's not a good idea to start with a train, and I should be more advanced to get on a list.

Comment

Hi there,

I am a father of 1 in Kansas and expecting another, so coupons have become a way of life for me. I would love to join a train and have plenty to offer as I never throw a coupon away. My wife thinks I am crazy to keep kitty litter coupons as we have not and never will own a cat (allergies) but I know they will come in handy some day. Please put me on the waiting list - thanks so much!

Allenj

Comment

I would like to Join a train. I am very new to this , but i just read the guidelines and would like to give it a whirl.
            Thanks,
            Angie

Comment

I would love to join. I am so excited about this entire web site! I just found it yesterday and I woke up at 5 am because I couldn't wait to read more!
              Please add me to a waiting list. My major coupon desires are:
              Juicy Juice,Orange juice, Coffee, Tea, Frozen Waffles, Syrup, Peanut Butter, Bread, Spaghetti O's, Mac-N-Cheese, Fruit Snacks, Soups, Sauces, Salad Dressings, Veggies (both canned and frozen), any Mexican items, Pizza, all Condiments, Tide,Cheer, Fabric softners, Dryer sheets, Soaps, Shampoo & Conditioners, Styling products, Batteries, Garbage Bags, and any % off coupons from retail stores, Department stores etc.
              Thanks and I can't wait to join! Kristin, A.K.A. Mom of 3.

Comment

I would like to sign up. I already requested some coupons without knowing I was suppposed to sign up. Oops.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyliblady
                  I would like to sign up. I already requested some coupons without knowing I was suppposed to sign up. Oops.

Hi. I forgot to say that I live in Kansas. I need coupons for meat, household products, personal care products, frozen veggies, and other stuff I can't think of right now. We don't drink milk, eat cheese, or have any kids, so I will be happy to pass those along to others. Would love to join a train. So, how does this work? Does someone assign me to a train or do I pick one to join, or what?

Comment

Please read the first post in this thread for requirements to join a train.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey
                      Please read the first post in this thread for requirements to join a train.

Oh, alright. There is a waiting list and I am not an active enough member. Well, I am probably about as active as I ever will be able to be with my hectic work schedule. The thought of having to spend around $4 to mail a bunch of coupons was not really appealing. If I can't join a train, but somebody offers up their coupons to whomever wants to take them, do I need to be in a coupon train to do that?

Thanks.
                      crazyliblady

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey
                        Coupon Train Changes Initiated By Jeffrey: When a good thing begins, sometimes it becomes so popular that its popularity endangers its existence. This is a place we have arrived with Flash's coupon trains and all the wonderful members that have taken trains over and are currently leading them. They have become so popular and there are so many new people wanting to get in that its endangering the entire train system that we have built here. Those that are on trains and know how wonderful they are have been telling their friends which want to get in on the trains and has overwhelmed our current coupon train system

While Flash wants to help as many as possible and include them on the trains, I've made a decision that we will slow down the train process to ensure that it grows soundly and steadily rather than quickly without regard to the quality of the coupon trains. While this means that many new members will have to wait a bit before being able to get on a coupon train, I can guarantee that the wait will be well worth the time.

Since the number of coupon train openings will be much less than they have been in the past, from now on, those that are active and contributing members of this site will get priority over all others when new positions open in trains. While there is not a set standard for active and contributing, being a member of the 100 post club or having a blog on the site that is regularly updated are a couple of examples of what I would consider an active member.

Not being an active member will not exclude you from being placed on coupon trains, but you will likely have a much longer wait. That is because the trains will be grown slowly with probably only a couple positions becoming available each month and priority for those positions will go to those that are active.

Being an active member also gives us here a chance to meet you and for everyone to get to know you. I feel this is an important aspect in keeping the trains as high quality as they are. I'm sure that some of you will have questions about this policy. Feel free to email me directly at info@savingadvice.com or leave a comment here and I will try to answer and questions or concerns you may have.

We look forward to keeping the coupon trains at savingadvice as some of the best on the Internet.

Jeffrey

Note: If you are a former DAGG member, please Private Message Flash directly with your trader rating
                        sign me up please.. will Pm you my address

Jamie

Comment

I am interested in joing a coupon train. I am in Southern California.
                          Thanks,
                          Ann

Comment

Can I still sign up for the coupon train waiting list? I notice that there have been no posts for quite awhile. I only found this forum today and so far have found so many interesting things. I live in Virginia and coupon for my husband and I; also help out my daughter in VA and my son in NC. Usually have lots of children and baby coupons. LMK what I need to do. Thanks, Lou.

Comment

Flash! I hope this is the right place to post this. But I would like the join a train. I am in Florida!

Comment

I'd like to join...I'll PM my info!!

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X