This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coupon train waiting list

Coupon trains are now closed to all new members unless you are part of the 100 post club or have a savingadvice blog that has 100 posts. If you meet these criteria and would like to be on a coupon train, please <a href="mailto:info@savingadvice.com">email me</a> (not flash). This is an executive decision on my part and any complaints about it should be directed to me.

We are a personal finance / money saving site and not primarily a coupon site. We are here to help all the members here, but those that take the time to contribute by posting and sharing their finances with others also deserve rewards for their time and effort. I am turning the coupon trains into one of those rewards.

Anyone that has spent even a short amount of time on this site knows the time and effort Flash has put into helping others with learning how to reduce their grocery bills and the coupon trains. If you have ever seen one of her coupon trains, you know tha they are loaded with wonderful coupons that most would keep for themselves. Since these trains have become so popular and there are far more people wanting to get on them than there are available spaces, we needed to find a way to limit them. My decision is to limit them to those that actively participate on the site.

I realize that this decision will upset some people, but it was either limit the coupon trains or abolish them completely due to the time they were taking and of those two choices, this was the best option. With the limiting of the trains, we will start of offer more contests and fun activities where people can win coupon packs...these are ideas that we are still developing, but we hope will give many others who don't want the responsibility of a coupon train the opportunity to get quality money saving coupons in other ways.

Feel free to comment here or email me if you have opinions you'd like to express. We hope that these changes will continue to provide the best coupon trains on the Internet while also giving other options for people to get valuable coupons.

Jeffrey Strain

Re: coupon train waiting list

SUMMARY OF THE BASICS.

There is a full thread on how coupon trains work, but here's a summary:

I'm coordinating, so I will send off a pile of coupons to one member of the train, along a pre-agreed on route, then that person removes coupons they want and replace them with their own unused coupons. They send that envelope (or package, we just had one that was at least 3 inches thick!) to the next person, who does the same.

As each person receives, they post in the link for their train, then again when it goes out, so everyone knows where it is and when to expect it.

Each member can also submit a "wish list" of coupons they need that are hard to find, or products they use constantly, etc. Members keep an eye out for those coupons and send them on as it goes around.

Comment

I would like to join the train, new here, but sounds fun!

Comment

If there is room i would love to jump on the train
        thanks carrie

Comment

I would like to join a train. I am in San Diego, California. Thank you

Comment

Flash, I'd be willing to be reorganized onto a more geographically local train if you'd like. -L (nebraska)

Comment

I am working to coordinate everyone onto a train. However, you have my apologies, but the owner of the site, Jeffrey Strain, has insisted that we grow slowly to make sure that the coupon trains are the best ones out there.

If you sign up for the waiting list in this thread, we will make every effort to coordinate you in to a train.

While you may not be assigned a train immediately, if you're committed it will be worth the wait. If you want to get on one faster, just volunteer to be a conductor, (with help, oversight, and coupons) as we need more people to help with this.

If you have any questions about this waiting policy, please contact Jeffrey
              Strain at info@savingadvice.com

Added note from Jeffrey: To make all the trains successful, we'll need more volunteers to lead them and until we can find those willing to help out, the trains will grow slowly. Flash is doing all this on a volunteer basis and can't be expected to organize all the trains. Therefore new trains will only be opening up when current members drop out or volunteers are found to lead new trains (Flash has graciously agreed to help any new conductors get organized). Feel free to email me or leave a comment with any questions.

Comment

Is it too late to join?

I have so many extra coupons Im sure someone could use (including a ton of Fresh Step ones that expire in a month!)

Comment

Good Morning Flash,

I am new to the boards and would like to hop on board a train.

Lisa in MA

Comment

I would like to join any train coming to Michigan/Wisconsin way. Thanks!

Comment

Is there a train for CT? I need a ride.

Thanks!!!

Comment

Okay, time to get another train or two on the tracks!

Just to make sure I have everyone on board, the people waiting for trains are

lisa178
                        jstanawa
                        sakigt
                        karensue
                        sunshine01104 - no response
                        evanallisonmommy - no response
                        Devoncroix
                        Allinharmony1 - no response

If you are waiting and I don't have you on the list, please let me know!

If you are on the list, please PM me with your mailing address and top 5 - 10 wish list items.

Just a note:
                        The availability of a train is partially determined by having enough people in the same general geopgraphical area. We've run a few across country, but it is something I try to consider.

Comment

I would love to be involved in a train! I am in NC. Put me on the waiting list! Thanks! Kelly

Comment

I would love to be on a train!
                            I live in Charlotte area - NC

Comment

Thanks for signing up for the waiting list. We will let you know when we have openings.

Comment

Working...
                              X