Coupon Addict Train post here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coupon Addict Train post here

This is a merge of the Midwest and the Boo's Trains. Please post here when you receive the train and when you send it back out.

The riders are in order:

Boomeyers
    Wodaking
    Amorphous02
    Choclover32
    Story3girl
    Flash

I am mailing the train I recv'd from Boomeyers to Amorphous02 today by priority mail.

The note with the new train reads:
    "Here’s the new route. This is a merge of the Midwest and Boo’s trains. The trains have both dwindled to a devoted few, and I feel your coupon needs really complement one another, so everyone should get a lot more out of this train. Also, I suggest we limit the train stops to 3 days or less to keep things moving. So if you’ve had the train 3 days, don’t worry about sorting, just go ahead and send it on by priority mail to the next person. If you have a one day turn around you can send it 1st class. This way a train should reach each person in about 4-5 days and the whole round trip should take 30 days or less which is about the lifetime of a good coupon. Happy clipping! -Laura [address list enclosed with train]"

Comment

Good luck to all of us!
      I always say a prayer when I start new things.
      I am loving the sequence/ the way members are grouped.

Comment

Yeah!

Sounds like fun!

Comment

Okay, sounds like a good group. All I can request is that we keep a newsletter type page in with each train session so we can remember who is on it and can keep some communication going! Hopefully by combining these, Wodaking can get a break from trying to keep up with 2 trains! :-)

Comment

This is a request that I have for all my trains, the ones on savingsadvice and more. This helps me quite a bit. I was hoping for a consolidation and the updation of the train's wishlists.

New wish list additions:

All OJ coupons ( some were in the 4/1/07 paper inserts, some in March inserts for tropicana six packs)
            Bagels
            all breads
            Brownberry bread
            Chips, dips, Salsas.
            Mustard
            Steam fresh vegetables, pictsweet vegetables,
            Produce
            ORGANIC MILK!!!
            Salads
            Pizza
            Folgers

Angel soft, scott etc (T.P)
            Baby ( Pampers, Huggies)
            Pet(Purina, Tidy cat)

Selsun
            Insect sprays
            Cleaning sprays

Looking forward to this.
            I have set aside All , Suddennly susan, Eighth con, dog food , meat and some detergent coupons.
            Will someone upload their success stories and their stockpile pix?
            Last edited by Amorphous02; 06-07-2007, 03:37 PM.

Comment

I received the Midwest train today. Will get it back out in the mail tomorrow ( Friday ) to Wodaking. I'm excited we have been combined with the Boo Train.

I have also added another envelope for expired coupons. I hate finding a coupon and then realizing it has expired. Are we still sending expired ones to the military?

Stephanie

Oh, or should I be mailing this one out to story3girl. If so I need the her address?

Comment

Doing the Happy dance. Wohoooooo!
                Recieved the new merged train via Priority Mail!
                What a packet!!!!
                Will send it out to the next member ASAP.
                Last edited by Amorphous02; 04-06-2007, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Stephanie, send that one back to me and I will restock it and send it down from the top as a caboose.

A, so glad you got it! Keep it rolling! -L

Comment

ok will do.

Comment

Wodaking , the train according to the UPS employee's prediction, must have reached choclover32.
                      Last edited by Amorphous02; 04-11-2007, 09:48 AM.

Comment

A- I hope she got it, it has the new address list inside so she should know where to send it.

Boo- so glad you're on board. I'll try and get a new letter put in every time around, or you can too.

How about everyone PMing me their wish lists to be included in the train the next time it passes through here?

-L

Comment

I am wondering how much every one spends on coupons per year..
                          Mine?

$56.00 on newspapers, not counting multiples.
                          Counting multiples: $70

Train postage: $6-$8/mo
                          Per year : $72-$96.00
                          Total: $142-$166
                          Last edited by Amorphous02; 04-11-2007, 02:14 PM.

Comment

I use quicken to track my expenses and I've considered having a coupon exp accout where I could track my expenses and also my coupon savings and see how far ahead I come out. But then I always forget to set it up at the beginning of the year. :P -L

Comment

Thank you wodaking.
                              You, in my eyes are a Supermom!
                              I dont know how you handle couponing with kids etc. Good idea, using Quicken. I forgot to add the coupon organizing material to the factors: set me back a whole $8.00.

Comment

Working...
                              X