The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is part of the problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petunia 100
    replied
    Originally posted by Christine88 View Post
    Overspending plain and simple. If I use the new credit card to get current it won't stop there and soon I will max that one out .
    I suggest you find a strategy which helps you stop using the cards. Some people fill a container (tupperware, ziploc bag) with water and their credit cards, then place in the freezer. If you really NEED to use the card, you can thaw it out. But you will be forced to THINK first. Or, you might take them to your bank and put them in a safe deposit box. Same idea, not immediately accessible, but you can get them if you really need them.

What sort of interest rates are you paying?

Leave a comment:

• Christine88
    replied
    Originally posted by Petunia 100 View Post
    I would take them up on their offer. Use a cash advance if necessary to get current. When you have good credit, you have options. When you have bad credit, you don't. Get current, that is the first step.

The second step is a written spending plan, otherwise known as a budget. If you don't have one, it is time to start.

What is going on in your life that you have gotten behind? Has there been some sort of big change? An unavoidable big expense? Is it overspending?
    Overspending plain and simple. If I use the new credit card to get current it won't stop there and soon I will max that one out .

Leave a comment:

• Petunia 100
    replied
    I would take them up on their offer. Use a cash advance if necessary to get current. When you have good credit, you have options. When you have bad credit, you don't. Get current, that is the first step.

The second step is a written spending plan, otherwise known as a budget. If you don't have one, it is time to start.

What is going on in your life that you have gotten behind? Has there been some sort of big change? An unavoidable big expense? Is it overspending?

Leave a comment:

• Christine88
    replied
    Originally posted by bjl584 View Post
    That offer may have been sent out before the late payments hit your credit report.
    Perhaps so but what scares me is I haven't cut the card up. I'm afraid I'll use it and that's the last thing I need to do.

Leave a comment:

• bjl584
    replied
    That offer may have been sent out before the late payments hit your credit report.

Leave a comment:

• Christine88
    started a topic This is part of the problem

This is part of the problem

Ok so I'm a few months behind on some of my credit cards getting calls everyday and so what do they do? Well One sends me a new credit card with a $5000 limit and a letter stating that if I bring my current account up to date they will increase the limit on the new card to $7500 LOL! This is insanity!
Working...
X