No announcement yet.

Payoff Student Loan or Car Loan First?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payoff of CL on November 25, 2011 will be $1,790.46. I can't wait!

To follow up on the Life Insurance question above, we just signed up my wife for a split universal and term policy. Paying it annually (cheaper) being it is not through her job so we can't get taken directly out of her pay check as does mine.

In addition to the car insurance post above, we updated all that information to married status,and one policy. We pay in full every 6 months, so our budget for that went from $215 to $180/mo.

Comment

Originally posted by Xtreme Thunder View Post
      we just signed up my wife for a split universal and term policy.
      As soon as you can, get her a term policy instead and cancel the universal policy. Universal life is a rip-off. There is really no reason to ever own such a policy.
      Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
      * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
      * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Car loan b/c highest interest rate and you can deduct student loan interest. You should be able to knock these out quick. Good Luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by spendherenotthere.net View Post
          Car loan b/c highest interest rate and you can deduct student loan interest. You should be able to knock these out quick. Good Luck!!
          Thanks, as mentioned in my previous posts, SL was paid off via lump sum beginning October 2011, CL will be paid off November 25, 2011.

Comment

Update:

Well, I got tired of looking at the remaining balance of the CL so I paid it off last night. Now I can wait for the Satisfaction of Lien document! My 2007 Honda purchased new is officially ours.

Debt free except for Mortgage, about 3 months ahead of our original schedule!

Comment

Working...
            X