Help - College Funding ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - College Funding ?

I have a problem. I have 12 classes lef to take for school. I really lucked out with my school and they are covering my current 3 classes (which saves me about 4 grand) Whooohooo! But that leaves me with 9 classes I will still need to pay for for a total of about 13,000. Up until now I have been working and my company paid for most of my college,so I have zero student loans and would love love love to graduate that way. If I stick with my current schedule I will finish school in March of 2012. I am not working now and really struggling with what options I have for how to pay. I realize I may have to incur some debt but what is the smartest way to do this.

Some other info that is pertinent. My husbands income covers our expenses with not much left over, but we do contribute 15% to his retirment. We have close to $15,000 in savings but it was really intended for an emergency fund, and his company is eyeing layoffs right now so I am really reluctant to touch it! I am wondering if I have him stop contributing to the 401k until I can pay off the college...do I get a loan? If so what kind is best? We make about 125k a year so I dont believe financial aid is an option. I would find a part time job but I am in school full time right now and almost 7 months pregnant so at least until December, thats prob not an option.

HAHA - I dont want to make excuses or sound like a whiner, I'm willing to do the hard work here, but since 80% of college was easy and paid for I'm at a total loss on navigating how to get through the end. I would love if this community could point me in a good direction. I always hear from the financial gurus that personal loans for college are a big NO NO. HELP please

You may have to push off school until you are able to get a part time job in order to get some sort of income towards this. Or you can try babysitting or something else that you could do from home that would help to bring in some sort of income. Another option would be to get your husband to take on another job part time until after the baby. Although I'm sure he won't be pleased with this suggestion.

Comment

Scholarships. There are tons of them, check them out!

Comment

Also, is there a payment plan offered through the school? Mine had one.

Comment

Personally, I'd start looking for a part-time job or internship to help defray the cost of going back and finishing that degree, which at this point is well worth it.

Comment

Working...
          X