No announcement yet.

Update on my debts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that paying off the highest interest rate card first is the obvious answer, but don't feel too bad if you attack the smaller ones first. Sometimes it is easier (mentally) knocking off the smaller ones first.

Also, be careful with CC balance transfers to lower rates. If you have too many irons in the fire, it can be confusing. Just remember that your new cards still want monthly payments, even if it is O% interest. You have to stay on top of them all.

Comment

Did you get your tax refund in yet? That could go a long way in knocking out some of the credit card debt. Use it on the highest interest rate debt, and save 3 times the interest!

I don't have too big of a problem with the $8k van - though if you had gotten a $4k one, you would still have made progress on the debt, even through the poor circumstances.

Without the car accident - you made great progress for your income in a 6 month span. Roughly $4600 of progress.

I'd grade you better than an F maybe a B. To get an A, just make a wiser selection on the replacement of the van. (an A+ if you had also paid down the highest interest rate the whole time)

But you're on the right track now. Just keep it up and you'll be debt-free before you know it.

Note to all students: take jpg's class, he's an easy grader

Comment

Working...
      X