Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Counselling Services

Hi,

The curse on market is slowly getting weak. But still people who were caught under debt are struggling to come out of it. So they approach credit counseling services. Is it necessary to use this service and if at all we use them, what can we expect from them and also how to choose the right one?

Sorry. I would like to help you, but I'm confused about what you're trying to say.

The market is cursed? What??

No one is ever required to use credit counseling services. And like most things, there are both good and bad credit counseling services out there.

Good ones will walk you through your budget, help you cut costs, and help you negotiate with creditors to work out a repayment plan. (pretty much what we do here)

Bad ones will tell you to not pay so that you can later settle for less, and charge massive fees up front in hopes that they can reduce your debt. (which they may or may not be able to do)

If you've got some debt and need help, why not post your situation in the debt forums? Post your debts (amounts owed and interest rates), and budget (monthly income and expenses) - we'll be more than happy to help out.

Comment

I would just deal with your question about debt counseling. If you know how to handle your own finances, then probably you won't need a counselor. However, these debt counselors are very knowledgeable and well experienced about debts that make them the right people to talk to if you have debt concern. You can discuss with them your concerns and they will try to work out with you the possible solutions to your financial problem. The bottom line, you will still do the final decision, they will just guide you. Some services are for free and some are not.

Comment

Working...
      X