Pecan Pie recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pecan Pie recipe

Does anyone have a recipe for pecan pie? I need to make something good for Thanksgiving

Not off hand, but I have some recommendations.

Find a recipe that will make a deep dish pecan pie. Most of them are not deep dish.

Double the amount of pecans the recipe calls. Coarsely chop the extra pecans and put them on before you arrange any whole ones on top. The chopping aids with neatly cutting the pie at serving time.

Absolutely wait for your melted sugar-butter-corn syrup mix to cool before adding eggs or you will have an unusable mess.

Make your own crust if you can. Cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil or a pie edge cover gadget to keep edges from over-browning and getting bitter. I always expect it to take a bit longer in the oven than the recipes say and I don't think my oven runs low either.
    "There is some ontological doubt as to whether it may even be possible in principle to nail down these things in the universe we're given to study." --text msg from my kid

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." --Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
    X