Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Make Homemade Pizza?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    I doubt Snoopy will since the thread is almost 12 years old and he/she hasn't posted since 2012. I thought old threads couldn't be brought up anymore?

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by msomnipotent View Post
      I doubt Snoopy will since the thread is almost 12 years old and he/she hasn't posted since 2012. I thought old threads couldn't be brought up anymore?
      Yeah, my post was sarcasm.

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by StormRichards View Post
        Yeah, my post was sarcasm.

        OMG. You are supposed to use at least 3 emoticons to show sarcasm.

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by msomnipotent View Post
          OMG. You are supposed to use at least 3 emoticons to show sarcasm.
          My bad. I was multi-tasking and was worried my frozen pizza would burn. Mama Rosa deep dish singles. Yum!!!!

          Comment


            #50
            We do about once or twice a month. We each make our own single serving size so we get what we want. Its a fraction of the price of buying one, and tastes 10 times better.

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by mom-from-missouri View Post
              We do about once or twice a month. We each make our own single serving size so we get what we want. Its a fraction of the price of buying one, and tastes 10 times better.

              My wife bought a x large for her school party a couple months back and it set her back $33
              retired in 2009 at the age of 39 with less than 300K total net worth

              Comment


                #52
                Sorry this is an old threat because I love our homemade pizza.

                My husband who is not Italian makes it, and it's amazing. We used to make our own dough but he's been buying frozen pizza dough from the supermarket and it's terrific.

                We've also bought dough from the local pizza place. Surprising, but they will often sell it for a couple of bucks.

                The key seems to be super hot oven, good dough, low humidity. If it's thundery and humid, he won't make it. ; )

                Comment


                  #53
                  yes we do homemade pizza, we have this machine that we use to make a dough. we really enjoy making pizza at home, you can choose what toppings you like. My kids even make their own pizza

                  Comment


                    #54
                    this is a homemade pizza style I've always wanted to try, never got around to it. It calls for using an oven, but I'm pretty sure you can do this on the stovetop as well. I'll admit, I am a cast iron junkie

                    Extra-Crispy Bar-Style Tortilla Pizza Supreme Recipe

                    http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...a-supreme.html
                    Last edited by ~bs; 04-27-2017, 03:24 PM.

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Tired of eating all kinds of crappy pizzas, we decided to make our own. It's incomparably better. And pretty easy to make after all.
                      Personal Finance Blog | Dojo's PF Musings

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by ~bs View Post
                        this is a homemade pizza style I've always wanted to try, never got around to it. It calls for using an oven, but I'm pretty sure you can do this on the stovetop as well. I'll admit, I am a cast iron junkie

                        Extra-Crispy Bar-Style Tortilla Pizza Supreme Recipe

                        http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...a-supreme.html


                        Looks good, might have to try that, my mom likes to make French bread pizza, quick and easy
                        retired in 2009 at the age of 39 with less than 300K total net worth

                        Comment


                          #57
                          For the dough:
                          * 2 cups of flour
                          1/2 tsp salt
                          2 tablespoons olive oil
                          1 tsp yeast
                          250 ml of water

                          First, dissolve the yeast in warm water, then mix with the dry ingredients, leave the dough for 2 hours in a warm place.
                          Next roll out the dough and add the filling.

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Sounds really delicious.
                            james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com
                            202.468.6043

                            Comment


                              #59
                              So a contestant on jeopardy once a long time ago described how he made it on the BBQ grill. Its really good. We always use our bread machine to make the dough.

                              Comment


                                #60
                                We've made homemade pizza on the grill, it comes out amazing. Make sure you rub the grill with oil (or spray it but I prefer oil) to keep it from sticking. Lay the dough right on the grill and don't leave it because it cooks quickly. Use tongs to flip it over and then add some sauce, cheese, and other toppings. Close the grill for a minute to help the cheese melt and before you know it you've got the best pizza you've ever had!
                                Budget Kitty - Family Finances in Plain English

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X