No announcement yet.

5.00$ meals???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are several ways you can save on food. As mentioned, making food from scratch cuts costs and also tends to be a lot healthier. Whenever you go to the store, pick up broccoli, peas, mushrooms, corn, tomatoes, spinach, carrots, celery, and whatever else is affordable. You can make a vegetarian pasta and a home-made sauce or even a vegetarian stir-fry. Switch things up every now and then; itíll keep the family happy.

Comment

$5 is enough to make a barbeque chicken with mushroom sauce.

Comment

One of my Favorites is Mac and cheese with Tomatoes
        1 box of elbow noodles.. 1 dollar
        1 large can of whole tomatoes.. 1 dollar
        1 package of cheddar cheese.. 2.99

Just boil your noodles, cut your cheese into small cubes so it melts fast, preheat your tomatoes.
        When you noodles are done, drain and add it all to together, let sit til cheese is melted

Done :-)
        not only cheap but easy

Comment

Old thread but since it came up... I love the site $5 Dinner Mom. She blogs about feeding her family of 5 for $5 or less (including GCGF recipes) and she has a large resevoir of old receipes you can browse. Some big cost savers she uses are planning meals based on whats on sale, cooking from scratch (no condensed soups or other gunk food that is usually called for in quick or easy recepies), and cooking in bulk to have left overs for lunches, etc.

Comment

Thanks for the 5 dollar dinner site link I will have to try this one out for those late night munchies!

Comment

Dorinda mac and cheese and tomatoes sounds wonderful.

Comment

Working...
              X