Grill a frozen pizza??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grill a frozen pizza??

Okay, I'm going to sound like a nut here, but I hate turning on the oven when I've got the AC on. (Up here in MN AC isn't an all-of-the-time thing, but this weekend it will be!) Anybody have any ideas on how to grill a frozen or take-and-bake pizza on a gas grill?

Re: Grill a frozen pizza??

We have grilled pizza .. homemade not frozen. It comes out fanstastic.

Comment

You have to let me know how that goes, I too wont turn the oven on if possible in the summer.

Comment

Thersea - How do you do it? (I bet I could modify what you do for take-and-bake?) Medium? High? Low? What kind of pan? (Or just on the grate??) I'm good with the meat on the grill thing, but much beyond that I'm pretty clueless Thanks!

Comment

Never done this but if I were to do it, I would place it in a pan..make sure it's thawed out before placing it on the BBQ and then watch it until it's done.

Comment

I can tell you from my dorm days 25 years ago, you can grill a cheese sandwhich on an iron (without steam) and make a rice brochilli sohfle in a popcorn popper. So, I am sure you can.
            i would do it on a cookie sheet.

Comment

Just place it on the grill and watch it cook.

It is a soggy pizza be careful about picking it up.

Comment

The funny thing is traditional pizza is baked in an oven with an open flame to make the crust crisp. The only think you have to watch for is to make sure it doesnt smoke up as it will turn everything black. Other then that you essentially have an oven with your grill. Figure if you do it at medium that shoudl pop it up to around 400 which will be good for baking.

Comment

I did a thread called "Free Pizza" a while back.

Before you freeze the pizza, wrap it well in aluminum foil. When ready to cook, defrost at room temperature and then place the foil package on a hot grill. Cover and bake about 30 minutes. Open foil and peek after about 20 minutes.

Comment

Well attempt #1 with a Take-n-Bake pizza ended in crust that was a bit burned, but overall pretty good. I think next time I'll use low heat instead of medium (and maybe cook for a bit less time). I just put the take-n-bake tray right on the grill. It took less time than in the oven. Only about 9 minutes (and that was probably too much.) At least the house is still cool!

Comment

Sounds yummy!! We will be grilling pizza on Saturday night.

Comment

never thought of it before but seems like it would come out good, I guess I have to try it now

Comment

Today it actually worked with a frozen pizza -- it was good! Who'd a thunk it?

Comment

Was the crust still crispy?

Comment

Actually, yes, but to maximize crispiness "they" say to put it directly on the grate for a few seconds.

Comment

Working...
                              X