Bake your own Energy Bars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bake your own Energy Bars...

Here's a link to bake your own Energy Bars.

Re: Bake your own Energy Bars...

Hal, those sound great but I've often made my "own" energy bars. As a competitive weekend runner, I found I was spending a fortune on energy bars. I've devised a basic recipe of my own! I usually use a base of :

1 c. oats
    1/2 c. protein powder
    1/2 c. whole wheat flour
    1/2 c. jam
    water (as needed - varies on additions)
    additions to bar - I always throw in some nuts, dried fruit, bananas, etc. depending on what's in season. Canned pumpkin is also WONDERFUL to use, as it's VERY high in fiber and tastes great!

Comment

Thanks for the recipe RunnerGirl. How long do you bake them?

Comment

Hi Jan,
        I'll usually put them in for about 25-40 minutes, depending on how wet they are. The pumpkin ones usually take closer to the 40-minute mark, while the more "dry" bars (i.e.: moisture mostly from jam and a little water) are done in about 25 minutes. I bake them at about 350*, and separate them into little scone-like clumps prior to baking them as opposed to baking them as one large bar. Good luck, and let me know if you come up with a good combination!

Comment

RunnerGirl: Thank you for your answer! I like to have something like this when I go out of town to visit the college kids. I can pack a bunch of goodforyou and easytoeat stuff to travel and have on hand. Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks so much for the recipe. I am soooo gonna try this out!

Comment

I shall try it tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
              X