Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walgreens July Rebates

OK, I'll start this thread.

One of Walmart's July rebate items: Buy $10 worth of Kotex products, get $10 mir. They were on sale @$3.50 each. Combine with $1 coupon off each package for a hot deal:

Pay $7.50 (3@$3.50-$3 in coupons), get $10 back + 3 packages of products that don't expire...

Super-hot deal: Get the rebate in the form of a Walgreens gift card instead of cash for a 10% bonus. So you spend $7.50, get an $11 gc back + 3 packages. Tough to beat...

Re: Walgreens July Rebates

Wow! Never been into our Walgreen's, it's fairly new...maybe I'll check it out!

Comment

It's worth a trip. They're also offering these 3 far items: Sunsilk shampoo or conditioner, Herbal Essence styling products (NOT shampoo), and CuraHeat heat packs (2 pack). If you can dig up a coupon for any or all of the above, then you're making money and getting the stuff for free! They do this every month, and I've really been able to stock up...

Comment

We just had a Walgreen's open up down the road from my work...I'll have to check them out now! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Question for you - I bought the Sunsilk conditioner tonight with a $1 coupon. Can I put the amount it was supposed to be rather than the amount I actually paid on the rebate form?

Comment

I would suggest writing down the same amount that appears on the receipt (the before coupon amount since Walgreens puts all of the manufacturer coupons at the bottom under "manufacturer coupons"). If the amount you put down and the amount on the receipt don't match they may deny it completely.

Comment

Absolutely list the price of the product before coupons...in fact, when you mail in the rebate, you need to circle the item and the purchase price and list the rebate # next to the price, so you really need to use the price before coupon anyway.

Comment

Yes, believe it or not, you can get rejected (your rebate, rather) if you claim a different price than the receipt shows. Some manufacturer rebates actually allow and discount the coupon in the total allowed price, but you still must circle the price it rang up at.

I've got extra forms...just ran it and picked up some of the booklets. WOW, pretty good savings! It actually seems simpler than the Rite-Aid online rebates (disclaimer - I've signed up, but never actually filed a rebate with them online). I still love our Weis -- one step rebates automatically credited to your account, and mailed monthly without having to do anything except use your store loyalty card.

Comment

So, if my receipt says that the Sunsilk rang up at $4.49, and the subtotal after coupon was $3.49, I can use the $4.49 price on the rebate form? Seems weird to me, but you are the experts, and I certainly don't want my rebate to get rejected!

Comment

Not to rain on the parade, but we had some problems getting some rebates from Walgreens before. We also have received many just as we should. My main problem with Walgreens is that much of the time, the best deals (especially the FAR items) are thinly stocked and usually out-of-stock when you visit the store.

Seriously though, that's not meant to be negative, just a realistic observation. There are good deals to be had.

Comment

I actually called the Walgreen's customer service line and asked about the coupon thing - they told me that if I have to purchase $10 worth of an item (i.e. Kotex rebate this month), then the $10 has to be AFTER coupons. But I am hearing that other people have listed the amount before coupons and it has worked just fine. So I'm totally confused...

Comment

Rebates are like taxes. Nobody knows the real answers not even customer service/IRS. So, you do what makes sense to you. Fill out the forms the way you think they should be filled out (often to your advantage, but not unreasonably so). Then, make a copy and submit. Most of the time you'll get the rebate. If you don't, give them a call and make your case. It's much easier to "say you're sorry" (oh, I didn't know that coupons didn't count) than "get permission" (if you were a customer service rep. who didn't know the answer, which side would you err on?) BTW, since Walgreens lists all of the manufacturer coupons at the bottom, much of this can be avoided by buying more than FAR items. (Let's face it, it's not that hard, some of their sale items are pretty good too.) That way the people processing the rebates have no way of knowing which items you used coupons for.

Comment

Well, I guess I'll just try for $4.49 and see what happens!

Comment

Fortunately I've never had any trouble with the Walgreen's rebates, but I've only been doing them for a few months. I have only used coupons for the ones that offer partial rebates where there wouldn't be a rebate that gave me back more money that I actually paid so I can't really offer help there, but one thing I do like about their system is that you can track your rebate on their website.

Also, my tip is to wait until the end of the month and check the weekly circular for sales on the rebate items. You can only turn in one form a month, and they will sometimes offer a very good sales during the last week of the month on a partial rebate item that I also have a coupon for, so I will be able to get the item at a significant, as opposed to buying it a full cost earlier in the month and only receiving a much smaller discount.

About the supplies of rebate items. When I first went to get some of the rebate items, they were out of stock and I spoke to some employees that told me they restock (at our store) every Thursday, so if they are out one week, I will come back on the day that they restock and try to catch them that week. Good luck! If it is a free after rebate item, I think it's worth it to stop in earlier in the month and try back again if they are out of the item.

Overall, they seem like one of the more reliable companies.

Comment

Just wanted to let you all know - I got $4.49 back from Walgreens! Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                              X