time saving tips??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

time saving tips??

i run my dishwasher every two days at night... when i unload it the next morning, i set my dining room table, and my kitchen table for the next few meals... i place a napkin over each sitting... this is a time saver... what do you do to save time???

Re: time saving tips??

preset coffee maker at night to brew in the morning.

Comment

coupon organization:
      instead of keeping my vlassic and smartsource flyers..
      i use the free long bank envelopes, and simple date and label it, vlassic or smartsource
      and enclose the coupons... this saves me alot of time.. and i can still use the print out from couponmom with it.

Comment

i just changed all of the waste baskets thruout the house and the huge kitchen trash can..
        my tip:
        when i replace the waste basket liner ( i use plastic store bags) i always stick a few in the bottom of the basket.. so, when i change it, i already have the new bag nearby...
        it saves a bunch of time, when the guys have to change the kitchen, garage cans... lol....

Comment

i shower at night instead of a.m.

Comment

I try to prep foods ahead of time and freeze them for quick meals. An example: a chili pack (pound of cooked ground beef with 1 c. onion, 1 c. celery, and 1 c. green pepper) for chili or soup. I like to keep chopped onions and peppers in the freezer to throw into recipes.

Comment

I like having a couple of hardboiled eggs and boiled potatoes in the fridge. A running late breakfast can be an egg. I can make potato and/or egg salad really quickly. I can make breakfast potatoes in a snap. I can add a filling protein to a green salad (egg). I can stretch a tuna salad with potato. A cold boiled potato with some salt is actually a nice snack for me.

Comment

These may not be the most original time saver tips but I thought I'd post anyway....

1. I have the name/date labels for DD’s bottles that go to daycare with her pre-printed through July so all I have to do is cut them and tape them on at night after she’s asleep – and we’re ready to cooler them up in the morning! It is an Excel spreadsheet so in July, all I will have to do is go back to it, and repopulate the date field for a couple of months worth of labels!

2. I put all my things for the next day (including kids’ stuff for school/daycare) in the car the night before. I have a checklist on the door that leads into the garage that reminds me of what I need so that I won’t forget anything on my way out the door (literally!)

3. I keep a 2-3 week menu listing on my computer at work and at home so I know what we will be having on a particular night. I look at it before leaving for work so I have a Plan-of-Action for when we walk through the door after arriving home. DS is almost 17 months old and believes that once we arrive on our own linoleum, he must start eating! It doesn’t give me much time to flounder around in the pantry or fridge so knowing what to start cooking is key.

4. I set out outfits for 5 days for both DS and DD on Sunday night. No fuss, no confusion. This way, we have everything we need to start our mornings in the right direction without adding to the normal amount of chaos in a house where DH works nights and there are two babies under the age of two.

;D

Comment

Cheap Mac and Cheese -

I buy the cheapest store brand Mac and Cheese, make a box according to the regular instructions, then stir in one slice of American cheese. It comes out much more creamy and rich tasting.

Comment

rotisserie chicken is $5 at superkmart.. well the next day it is half price $2.50 in the deli section... cold chicken works for me... a real money saver tip.

Comment

put the hangers on the rod backwards. When you wear an item, turn the hangers the conventional way. At the end of the season you can easily see what you haven't worn and evaluate them.

Comment

When you clean your coffee pot with vinegar, save the hot fluid and soak your shower head in it.

Comment

The easiest way to slice fresh strawberries after they have been cleaned is to use a pastry blender. The hand held one that has blades not wires. You can slice an entire bowl full in minutes.

Comment

whenever you're caught waiting - e.g.doctor/lawyer/accountant's office, movie theatre or show, on-hold on telephone, waiting to pick up kids before/after school or activities, don't just read a paper or magazine, use this time to put together or go over your to-do lists. That is, take stock over your life situations, prioritize your short-term/mid-term/long-term goals, plan out your meeting schedules, appointments, vacations, car & home maintenance schedules, your kids' school/college plannings, your investments/debt management etc. Having a palm pilot or similar device makes doing this simpler because you tend not to lose these as much as pieces of paper, you tend to always have it with you, and you can stop and re-start your planning anytime of the day/month/year.

Comment

'buy one, get one free' look closely at the purchase price. Divide that by two and that is what your actually paying for each.
                              if you use a 'buddy system' on these items with a friend, you can actually get it for 1/4 of the selling price, by splitting the cost.

Comment

Working...
                              X