• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you shop Aldi's?

Why or Why not?

if so what are you favorite items?

Re: Do you shop Aldi's?

We never have. It is right across the street from our favorite store.

I am interested to see what you can actually save by going there versus buying generic items at the regular stores.

Comment

We shop there to stock up on canned foods, mac and cheese, noodles, things like that. Eggs are cheap and so is their bread. I really need to get back into the habit of going there. Otherwise, we have just been picking up what we needed at the grocery store and not paying attention to price. NOT GOOD!

Comment

Aldi's 12 grain Loven bread - omgoodness, GOOD stuff!

Comment

I will occasionally go there for staples or supplies for big baking projects. Lately I've been finding the generic prices at our new Woodman's to be close enough that a separate Aldi run isn't justified unless I'm doing a bulk purchase.

Products I've enjoyed:

Yogurt
          Chicken Apple Gouda sausages
          Spinach Stuffed Rigatoni
          Mama Cozzi original spaghetti sauce
          Millville Raisin Bran
          Pierogis
          Southwestern Pocket Sandwiches

FYI - much of their food is name-brand food, produced in the same factory on the same production lines. The biggest difference is the packaging.

Comment

I love Aldi's!

Love the potatoe bread
            the french bread pizza
            Muenster cheese and a lot of other stuff

Comment

We also shop at Aldi's to stock up on canned items and some frozen foods. Bread is a great buy there also. I do like to go there and get frozen pizzas for quick and easy meals. They're $1.99.

I usually find that milk is cheaper at BJ's though. My family is not very impressed with their cereals either.

Comment

We don't have one near to where I currently live, and I miss it a ton. But, when I go home once a month to my folks, we go and stock up then. I get canned goods by the case, and take coolers for frozen and cold items. The one and only grocery store in this town wants $3 or more for a loaf of bread. We pack our lunches for school, using a loaf a day...so, I am now baking my own bread. Their other items are high also.

Comment

I don't even know what that is! Like a Sam's Club???

Comment

Originally posted by BCHGRL
                    I don't even know what that is! Like a Sam's Club???
                    Its a grocery store, open to the public--no membership fees. You sack your own groceries (bring your own sacks-or as I do, a laundry basket) or buy your bags there. Cost are much lower. Used to be they only took cash, but most also take debit cards now as well--but, not all, as I found out last summer on vacation. It used to be, and may still be, a German company. They sell groceries, some toys and clothes (very very little), and paper products. The majority of it is not brand name--but, if you read the packaging labels--the addresses for some of the products are the same addresses as the name brands....
                    I can get a complete cart of groceries, no junk food, for under $100. It is a real good place to stock up on canned goods.

Comment

Originally posted by amberbamber
                      We shop there to stock up on canned foods, mac and cheese, noodles, things like that. Eggs are cheap and so is their bread.
                      This is what I do, kind of. I hate processed foods like mac and cheese (no kids for me) but I stock up on staples like canned veggies, canned beans, tomato sauce, whatever. Once every month or two is enough.

More recently, they started adding some "upmarket" stuff - knockoffs of other stuff. I am a bit of a foodie so this is great for me. I got some nice artichoke hearts, jellies, salad dressings and even WINE at Aldi! The wine starts at $2 to $3 a bottle and it is really not bad as a casual wine, so I buy a few bottles when I go for my wine rack.

Comment

I just don't know how folks not shop @ aldi's?!?!?

We buy canned goods, pizza rolls, fresh & frozen produce, ect.

If I need something I always look their first before I kick myself for buying it elsewhere.

Comment

The produce at my Aldi's is great and the price is much lower than the regular grocery store in my area. I have heard complaints from others on this site that the produce at Aldi's is not good. I've never had a problem.

I also buy baking supplies and sliced cheese from Aldi's.

Comment

Saturday I went to Aldi's. I spent $157. I completely filled 3 grocery carts. Bought several cases of veggies (what I canned/froze last summer is starting to run out). Got great looking potatoes @ $2.99 for 20 lbs. Our local grocery store has 20 lb bags for $7.99. Unfortuantly there is not an Aldi near us. But, once a month when my daughters have a quiz meeting, we drive by one and hit it then.

Comment

I drive clear across the metro area to get to Aldi's. However, they don't always have the greatest produce selection in my area - many times there is no lettuce. And I often have to make another stop to fulfill the needs for a menu item's recipe. But still, it's worth the long drive to stock up. I do have better luck filling my whole grocery list at Save-A-Lot which I shop more often than Aldi's.

Comment

Working...
                              X