Announcement

Collapse

Markets Hours For Thanksgiving 2020

All major US stock exchanges will be closed on Thursday, November 26th in observance of Thanksgiving. On Friday, November 27th, all major US stock markets will close early at 1 PM EST.
See more
See less

Good Pepper Grinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Pepper Grinder

I've done some research but mostly it comes up with power ones. I need some suggestions for manual pepper grinders. Do any of you have some suggestions?

This is one of those items of which we can say, "They don't make 'em like they used to make 'em."

I think the most important thing is to find one with stainless steel gears and grinders. Most are now partly hard acrylic which wears out. You might be able to find a William Bounds grinder that still has quality mechanics. We have two and they are about 20 years old each. Before we inherited the second one from my FIL, we internet and in-person shopped and couldn't find what we wanted.

If you thrift shop, always check out older pepper mills you may see. A good one is worth cleaning up.
    "There is some ontological doubt as to whether it may even be possible in principle to nail down these things in the universe we're given to study." --text msg from my kid

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." --Frederick Douglass

Comment

i use one from the dollar store, a little acrylic one that comes with peppercorns, cant refill, just throw it away, grinds great
      retired in 2009 at the age of 39 with less than 300K total net worth

Comment

Working...
      X