Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying Silver

Hi Guys,

This is a crosspost with another forum, but here is a great link to the JM bullion starter pack. If you want to pick up a bit of silver at spot price, this isn't a bad place to start.

http://www.jmbullion.com/starter-pack/

The only thing is, there does not appear to be any easy or ethical way to scale the offer. Sorry folks.
    james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Limited 1 per account/household but there's no reason why you can't open multiple accounts
    retired in 2009 at the age of 39 with less than 300K total net worth

Comment

97, supposedly they check addresses. I think their margin is really thin. But they take the thin margin so they can get your email to build up a marketing list as well as build a buying relationship with their customers.

In any event, its a good deal.

Comment

I just bought 7oz of gold off eBay for $1240/oz and get back 2% from my Citicard so total cost was $1215/oz, I'm swapping out some fractional gold coins for .999 bars

Comment

Comment

Yep, I've been getting JM Bullions marketing emails also. They do seem to have solid prices.

One thing - while I like silver a lot, it has some substantial downsides. It doesn't produce cash in the way that bond or a stock does. This means that the value of silver can never compound. So you won't see returns in the hundreds or thousands of percents.

Comment

Yes, the only way to make money is buying low and selling high, I've been looking to get some yield/income and have been thinking of dumping my silver

Comment

Precious metals can be an important part of your portfolio, but probably not more than 5% or 10% of the total value. If you want growth AND income, not just growth, investing in real estate or stocks is a better bet.

Comment

You can also buy collector bullion, pay a little more now but the premiums will increase and you can get over spot price when you sell, the Australia coins have done very well. Buying this way will also hedge you against price decline because you will see that premiums increase as spot goes down. Provident metals is another good bullion dealer, they show their buy and sell prices

Comment

Working...
                  X