Announcement

Collapse

Happy Thanksgiving - Stock Markets Are Closed

Happy Thanksgiving!

The stock markets in the United States will be closed on December 25th, 2021, in observance of the Thanksgiving Holiday.
See more
See less

Spending : mandate moratorium enforced.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spending : mandate moratorium enforced.

Since our income is fixed, the only way for me to increase cash flow is by spending less. My budget is right, but I have just taken the decision to enforce a spending mandate moratorium.

That means that I will just stop spending unless it is for essentials (food, clothing, shelter for the result of the family, additional vitamins, supplements and therapy for my son with developmental delays). We expect to have a rough couple of months as we are working with an attorney on our foreclosure situation. And y'all know how having a lawyer on your payroll works !! We also needed to set up a PO box to get all our mail from the lenders, which was an additional expense, but well... It could not be helped.

Things that are still under control are groceries, utilities and gas. Yes, sir ! So, wish me luck.

Thanks !

Originally posted by FinancialRecovery View Post
    Since our income is fixed, the only way for me to increase cash flow is by spending less. My budget is right, but I have just taken the decision to enforce a spending mandate moratorium.

That means that I will just stop spending unless it is for essentials (food, clothing, shelter for the result of the family, additional vitamins, supplements and therapy for my son with developmental delays). We expect to have a rough couple of months as we are working with an attorney on our foreclosure situation. And y'all know how having a lawyer on your payroll works !! We also needed to set up a PO box to get all our mail from the lenders, which was an additional expense, but well... It could not be helped.

Things that are still under control are groceries, utilities and gas. Yes, sir ! So, wish me luck.

Thanks !
    You may find it helpful to post your budget here for others to see. Folks here can be very good about pointing out ways to trim expenses that you might not have thought of.
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Working...
    X