• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SavingSteve
    replied
    For week 50 I saved $21
    For week 51 I saved $20

This challenge has helped get me hooked on making that savings deposit each week. I did it manually every week this year so as to stay engaged, instead of scheduling or automating it.

While I've gotten more in the habit I haven't really saved much money. A car problem or doctor bill could wipe out this year's savings incredibly fast.

So I've decided to do the challenge manually again next year and add $100 to each number in the grid. In other words, start with $152 and go down 52 weeks to $101. This means I will add $6578 to my Emergency Fund in 2018.

This will be a real challenge. I will have to cut back on other things to make it happen!
    Last edited by SavingSteve; 12-21-2017, 02:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• creditcardfree
    replied
    Originally posted by SavingSteve View Post
    for week 48 I saved $23

As the end of the year approaches I'm thinking about how I could modify the challenge to make it a bit different and more interesting.
    Have you come up with any ideas? I'm impressed that you keep at it.

I find that since we do have the money to save I just come up with a number and have it automatically moved to retirement and other savings accounts. I can see how the challenge could help us save just a little bit more.

Leave a comment:

• SavingSteve
    replied
    it's week 49 and I sved $22

Leave a comment:

• SavingSteve
    replied
    for week 48 I saved $23

As the end of the year approaches I'm thinking about how I could modify the challenge to make it a bit different and more interesting.

Leave a comment:

• SavingSteve
    replied
    Here's a quick update for the last few weeks. I'm sticking with the challenge.

week 42 saved $28
    week 43 saved $27
    week 44 saved $26
    week 45 saved $18
    week 46 saved $25
    week 47 saced $24

Happy Thanksgiving!

Leave a comment:

• snafu
    replied
    RTAMPAS, welcome to SA. Delighted to learn you've been contributing to a 52 week challenge to the point of hardly noticing the sum transferring from pay. I'm impressed that you're goal on going is to double your savings. WOW!

Leave a comment:

• RTAMPAS
    replied
    Saved $1200 on the 52 week challenge

I finally broke down and joined the forum....

I saved $50 every two weeks with a post I saw from a friend of mine. I did it by having an auto save to a different account within my bank, So I never saw the $50 leave the checking account, just went straight into the savings.

The first 2 months were hard because I noticed it, but after a while you start realizing that it is possible by just not buying things.

I also downloaded a money management book from the same place with a spreadsheet.

It is possible. I'll do it again but try and double my savings so I hope to have $2400 by the end of 2018 + $1200 = $3600 by end of the year. Get organized, get those bills in order and execute!

Good luck all!

Leave a comment:

• SavingSteve
    replied
    This thread is getting repetitive so I have not posted in a while. But I have stuck with it each week for the past 5 weeks. Here's an update:

Week 37 = $33 saved
    Week 38 = $32 saved
    Week 39 = $31 saved
    Week 40 = $30 saved
    Week 41 = $29 saved

Leave a comment:

• SavingSteve
    replied
    For week 36 I saved $34

Leave a comment:

• SavingSteve
    replied
    For week 35 I saved $35

Leave a comment:

• SavingSteve
    replied
    Thanks! The moving dust is settling now. I'm really happy about the lower rent. And I can walk to work which is a bit unreal. Im still getting used to it after driving 30 minutes each way for so long.

It's week 34 and I saved $36

Leave a comment:

• scfr
    replied
    Congratulations on making that move!

Leave a comment:

• SavingSteve
    replied
    Today is week 33 and I saved $37.
    It's moving chaos right now I will be glad when the dust settles.

Leave a comment:

• SavingSteve
    replied
    For week 32 I saved 38.

this week we moved! Looking forward to saving more for retirement.

Leave a comment:

• SavingSteve
    replied
    Today for week 31 I saved $39

Leave a comment:

Working...
X