Announcement

Collapse

Happy Thanksgiving - Stock Markets Are Closed

Happy Thanksgiving!

The stock markets in the United States will be closed on December 25th, 2021, in observance of the Thanksgiving Holiday.
See more
See less

Is anyone earning extra for this challenge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone earning extra for this challenge?

I've been thinking about this and have decided to give it a go, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get to the higher amounts with just saving money. Is anyone doing odd side jobs or other small ways to earn extra money to make this savings challenge work? If so, what are some of the ways you are doing it? I think that I may have to do a combination this year, so I will need some new ideas.

I think I will be doing a combination of these two. I have some things that I need to sell, so I will try to do that on Craigslist to earn a bit of extra money. I also babysit from time to time that earns a bit of extra money.

Comment

I think it depends a lot in what shape you currrently find your budget. If you are not living paycheck to paycheck and have a bit of wiggle room, you can probably get away with doing the challenge by figuring out new ways to save money. On the other hand, if you are on a tight budget, figuring out new stream of income will be important to be able to have a bit of extra money each week to put away. I think that all people should look at both options as much as possible as both compliment one another.

Comment

I'm trying several methods. I'm trying the basic "saving" approach by putting this challenge into my weekly budget. This takes away from other items we would normally spend that money on but it's helps the challenge!

BUT...as was mentioned above, I'm experimenting with other options to generate some side dough. I don't want to be link heavy or spammy in here so I'll just mention the places by name and you can Google them.

Fiverr - I'm making $5 at a time doing "gigs" like wordpress sites, or SEO, etc.
        Task Rabbit - an errand service. Making a few bucks helping people near me
        Gigwalk - makeing $5 per gig for taking photos with my iPhone of places like Tim Horton's etc.
        SecondSpin - sold my old x-box games and DVD's.

Many more but that's a start. I'm feeling these opportunities out to see how they work! So far, it's been nice for the challenge but not like it's a full-time income!

Give one of them a try and let me know if anyone else has success!

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I will check those sites out.

Comment

Well, I do some extra online jobs for a little more income. It helps me not a huge but it does.

Comment

how can i join?

Comment

Working...
              X