amazon gift cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amazon gift cards

I have close to $100 in amazon gift cards from doing surveys and such. I'd like to get rid of my clf bulbs and upgrade to some LED.

Who has used LED and what ones do you recommend? Ours are all pot lights in
    the ceiling.

The electric company told me only to avoid those made in China.
    Last edited by mom-from-missouri; 02-02-2015, 04:06 PM. Reason: change post title

We haven't gotten any LEDs yet but I just wanted to suggest that you might get more responses if you title your post something about LED bulbs rather than "amazon gift cards".
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Now that you are switching to LED bulbs, don't expect to save buckets of cash and shop only at a reliable store. This is your one time investment. Luckily, competition has increased and LED bulbs have come down in price, but you should still expect to pay much more than an incandescent.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethan60 View Post
        Now that you are switching to LED bulbs, don't expect to save buckets of cash and shop only at a reliable store. This is your one time investment. Luckily, competition has increased and LED bulbs have come down in price, but you should still expect to pay much more than an incandescent.
        Actually, it dropped our electric bill by about 40%. I have bulbs in all the house now, except for 2 lights that we don't use very often that take a weird sort of bulb, and the appliance lights (fridges, stove hood...) Since this was with gift cards, it was at no cost to me.

I got them from amazon with a company that was well rated.

We cook with propane, heat with propane and wood and our hot water is propane. So, our electric bill is lighting and appliances. By replacing the old bulbs, we saw immediate savings--and the bill was not even a full months bill, so I expect to see more savings on the next bill. We started with regular bulbs and a few years back I changed them tot he CFL's. Now replaced the CFL's with LED.

The bulbs (like the LEd) are guaranteed for 5 years, so if they burn out prior, I can replace them for free.

Comment

Great! Your idea is brilliant and you really got a good deal.

Comment

does it make sense for the CFLs to get used up first since I've already invested in them? Some are ten years old and still going strong

Comment

Originally posted by FLA View Post
              does it make sense for the CFLs to get used up first since I've already invested in them? Some are ten years old and still going strong
              This is a very old thread (thank SPAMMER) but as for your question, it's hard to say. It you have 10-year-old CFLs, you've already saved your money from having those vs. having incandescents for 10 years. Putting in LEDs would further lower your energy costs, but with an upfront cost, so you start the clock over again on recouping your expense.

Personally, I'd wait for the CFL to burn out before replacing it.
              Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
              * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
              * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

You will need to create a system to keep receipts with their LED box and the provider/store. Much better than CFLs which sometimes 'flicker.' The kWh cost tend to increase, we use much lower levels than the old incandescent bulbs and hold down costs.

Comment

swap out the CFLs and get those LEDs in place

Comment

Working...
                  X