No announcement yet.

Water - Saving Money Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tips that you have shared in reducing the consumption of water are good and also helpful. I maintained a pipe line from my kitchen to the garden, where it gives a chance to make use of the water in the kitchen.

Comment

Great article!

Comment

Saving water at work

One of the most recent ways I've found to save some cash is to purchase a water bottle that I refill every day before work from my Brita filter. Not only do I save on purchasing water, but this is so much Greener than disposing of all the plastic bottles.

Comment

These are great tips! I would add to give small children what I like to call "business baths" instead of regular, fill up the tub with gallons and gallons of water. I actually give them quick little showers and let them play with toys for a few minutes after while I rinse them. It takes about 5 minutes of water use, versus up to 9 or 10 minutes to fill the tub, then rinse them for 2 minutes, saving about 6-7 minutes of water use!

Comment

The main benefit of saving water is to preserve these natural water bodies for wildlife and for future generations. With the increasing population in towns and cities, these natural water bodies are taking the strain for our ever-increasing demand for fresh water in our homes.

Comment

I love my rain barrels that capture our roof water and let us use it in the garden. Also have built an outside sink that runs off the house and drains into the yard. I take a lot of messier and larger pots and pans out there to scrub and let the run-off slide into my garden and yard. You gotta keep the detergent to a minimum, and I usually soak several hours before running. I tend to use less water in washing this way and am watering the lawn, so the grey water gets used twice.

Comment

Simple life style :

Always led a simple life.Our extravagance and the luxurious life style is falling us in troubles and problems.So let me tell you that just led a simple life and keep your self away from these stupid activities.

Comment

This is very important for everyone to save water. There are certain area of countries where water supply is very low. Many people are not even getting a drinking water after paying for it, so everyone should the aware that water is very important for living so I would like to say save water save life.

Comment

Hopefully this year we will rig up a pump to run water from the middle pond to my garden beds. Will save fresh water and since pond water is better for the plants and has natural nutrients, it will be healthier for the plants as well-a natural fertilizer.

Running the pump for 5 minutes will completly fill 3 barrels which would be a week worth of watering, so def not expensive at all.

Comment

Originally posted by mom-from-missouri View Post
                      Hopefully this year we will rig up a pump to run water from the middle pond to my garden beds. Will save fresh water and since pond water is better for the plants and has natural nutrients, it will be healthier for the plants as well-a natural fertilizer.

Running the pump for 5 minutes will completly fill 3 barrels which would be a week worth of watering, so def not expensive at all.
                      I always wanted a place with a pond. Right now, all that I have is a creek. But, it's polluted with mine water. It kills everything that it touches.
                      Brian

Comment

You shared good tips for money saving.

Comment

The water saving is crying need for every person.The saving tips are presented below:
                          1.With water itís about being a turn off, not a turn on. So whether youíre washing your hair, your hands or brushing your teeth - turn off the tap
                          2.Think shower power. A five minute shower uses a third less water than a bath.
                          3.Be quick about it. Cut a minute or two from your shower with a timer and save up to 568 litres a month.
                          4.Get water by the bucket load; just keep a bucket in the shower to catch water as it warms up.
                          5.Put a plug in it Ė then adjust the waterís temperature while the bath fills up.

Comment

Yeah, leaky faucets are very costly.

Comment

Working...
                            X