No announcement yet.

wish i could give more to charity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also like to spend my some time at a care center for the elderly, I feel a nice time just meeting people and listening their opinions. But unfortunately they all have sad and Painful story. I give some charity to deserve peoples.
    Last edited by Abiezer; 10-13-2012, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Honestly, I find more satisfaction from giving to those I actually know. It's nice to send some money away for the greater good, but giving to those around you is the most rewarding. Think about some friends and family in need and ask if they need help. OFFER to give them some help, or just do it. They'll greatly appreciate it.

Comment

Dont feel bad

Dont feel bad if you cant give any money. you need to take care of the bare necessities first then move on and help others. We need to understand that if we all come together and do a little then that will make a large dent in the problems we have today. just imagine if every family gave a few dollars a week this would be at least 20-30 million every week that is donated to help the homeless find shelter and food. we would have it knocked out!

Comment

I recommended to all that spread awareness to the world about all the worst cases and its impact and follow the positive initial of any kind of charities which is helpful to all. Give your precious time in respect to help for all who need and donate in real manner which can be helpful for those.

Comment

Same. But i hardly have enough money to feed myself!

Comment

Perhaps, you may read this excellent post in this forum about Creative Ways To Help Charities At No Cost. It is a sticky post and it is really informative. There are many ways to help without spending your money.

Comment

Charitable donations

There are many ways that you can give to charity without it affecting your pocket. I, for one, will frequently go through my closet and weed out the clothing items that I no longer wear and that are in decent condition and take them to a goodwill or brothers and sisters bin. If you itemize your taxes then it is best to actually take them into the place that you are donating to and receive a receipt that you can use for a tax deduction. Charitable giving comes in many forms and does not necessarily need to break your bank so to speak. Another way that you can give without needing to invest money is your time. Volunteering for different organizations or events is a way to meet new people and to help out in charitable ways. Being self aware that you would like to do more for others shows that you have a good heart. Lots of luck

Comment

Originally posted by sidney7 View Post
                  does anyone feel bad for not giving enough, sometimes none, to charities? i feel bad bec i haven't been making any money lately, not even enough to pay my rent+car+food each month so i've had to be stingy. i mean i know we all want to give more but is it wrong when we don't do ANYTHING to help people out like i'm doing right now?
                  Its really good to learn that still there are some people in this world who thinks a lot for people who need our support. I am an entrepreneur and I have shared some of my money to needy. I am still doing it. Recently I have come to know that there are online firms which are doing good job in this field.

These are more transparent than many other charity fundraising options I have ever come across. You too can try out one of them and you'll never feel the bad for not giving enough.

Comment

Donate time. I take my kids since they can't give money
                    LivingAlmostLarge Blog

Comment

Originally posted by dco23
                      I feel the same, hoping to give back to charity someday

Comment

Working...
                      X