Saving Advice Forums  

Go Back   Saving Advice Forums > Budgeting Resources > Charity

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2009, 07:57 PM
$ Saving HS Senior

Forum Posts: 312

Donate your time. Some charities don't have a problem raising money, but they have a problem getting enough volunteers to carry out their mission. For example, Meals On Wheels could always use delivery drivers.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:21 AM
$ Saving Third Grader

Forum Posts: 15

Your time is the most valuable gift of all - give often!
Old 10-19-2009, 06:03 PM
$ Saving Second Grader

Forum Posts: 10

I recently spent some time at a care center for the elderly - had a nice time just meeting people and listening to the stories. One can learn a great deal just getting away from the everyday and spending an afternoon there.

Will take the family next.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:06 PM
$ Saving Third Grader

Forum Posts: 18

i feel the same way, but I think we are always saying that, really we could probably downisize how we are living and would have more money to donate. the more we earn the more we spend
Old 12-06-2010, 02:04 PM
$ Saving First Grader

Forum Posts: 5

I feel bad as well. But I think everyone feels bad about not giving around this time of year (at least in America). I think the real key is to find a real, renewable way to give throughout the year. If anyone figures that out, let me know. LOL But seriously, I think you need to get your own finances together before you can worry about others.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:12 PM
$ Saving Kindergartener

Forum Posts: 3

Helping to charity is not all about giving money.
This Valentine's Day, we can express our love to people in need. Giving a card is enough to make them smile..
Old 06-01-2011, 03:58 AM
$ Saving Kindergartener

Forum Posts: 4

I want to give you a reference from all the sacred books which were reveled by God almighty that if you are suffering loss in your business than do charity .It means you are doing business with god and god never disappoints a man and returns back more than a person.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:22 AM
$ Saving Second Grader

Forum Posts: 10

i agree with jeffrey ! you can sign in some projects that are "for free" and you help people just with your good will. Look for it!
Old 04-16-2012, 03:37 PM
$ Saving First Grader

Forum Posts: 8

Donate what you can. If you have time then give time, if you can drive then drive, if you can donate your time or talents another way then do that. If it helps donate more or gives you an excuse be sure to keep receipts and track mileage/etc because you will be able to write it off on your taxes (up to the yearly limit).
Old 05-03-2012, 06:54 PM
$ Saving Fourth Grader

Forum Posts: 27

I'd love to one day have enough money and not be in debt so I can donate too. I do give what I can when I can. I try to give away books I've read, clothing that's still in good condition, and some household stuff as I get new things as gifts and what not.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:32 AM
$ Saving Third Grader

Forum Posts: 17

I also like to spend my some time at a care center for the elderly, I feel a nice time just meeting people and listening their opinions. But unfortunately they all have sad and Painful story. I give some charity to deserve peoples.

Last edited by Abiezer; 10-13-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:06 PM
$ Saving Third Grader

Forum Posts: 15

Honestly, I find more satisfaction from giving to those I actually know. It's nice to send some money away for the greater good, but giving to those around you is the most rewarding. Think about some friends and family in need and ask if they need help. OFFER to give them some help, or just do it. They'll greatly appreciate it.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:57 PM
$ Saving First Grader

Forum Posts: 7
Smile Dont feel bad

Dont feel bad if you cant give any money. you need to take care of the bare necessities first then move on and help others. We need to understand that if we all come together and do a little then that will make a large dent in the problems we have today. just imagine if every family gave a few dollars a week this would be at least 20-30 million every week that is donated to help the homeless find shelter and food. we would have it knocked out!
Old 07-18-2013, 04:04 AM
$ Saving First Grader

I recommended to all that spread awareness to the world about all the worst cases and its impact and follow the positive initial of any kind of charities which is helpful to all. Give your precious time in respect to help for all who need and donate in real manner which can be helpful for those.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:50 AM
$ Saving First Grader

Same. But i hardly have enough money to feed myself!
Old 12-04-2013, 09:36 PM
$ Saving First Grader

Forum Posts: 6

Perhaps, you may read this excellent post in this forum about Creative Ways To Help Charities At No Cost. It is a sticky post and it is really informative. There are many ways to help without spending your money.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:52 AM
$ Saving Pre Schooler

Forum Posts: 1
Default Charitable donations

There are many ways that you can give to charity without it affecting your pocket. I, for one, will frequently go through my closet and weed out the clothing items that I no longer wear and that are in decent condition and take them to a goodwill or brothers and sisters bin. If you itemize your taxes then it is best to actually take them into the place that you are donating to and receive a receipt that you can use for a tax deduction. Charitable giving comes in many forms and does not necessarily need to break your bank so to speak. Another way that you can give without needing to invest money is your time. Volunteering for different organizations or events is a way to meet new people and to help out in charitable ways. Being self aware that you would like to do more for others shows that you have a good heart. Lots of luck
Old 12-16-2015, 03:57 AM
$ Saving Pre Schooler

Forum Posts: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidney7 View Post
does anyone feel bad for not giving enough, sometimes none, to charities? i feel bad bec i haven't been making any money lately, not even enough to pay my rent+car+food each month so i've had to be stingy. i mean i know we all want to give more but is it wrong when we don't do ANYTHING to help people out like i'm doing right now?
Its really good to learn that still there are some people in this world who thinks a lot for people who need our support. I am an entrepreneur and I have shared some of my money to needy. I am still doing it. Recently I have come to know that there are online firms which are doing good job in this field.

These are more transparent than many other charity fundraising options I have ever come across. You too can try out one of them and you'll never feel the bad for not giving enough.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:43 PM
$ Saving Professor

Forum Posts: 5,628

Donate time. I take my kids since they can't give money
Old 09-22-2016, 08:31 AM
Banned

Forum Posts: 885

Quote:
Originally Posted by dco23 View Post
I feel the same, hoping to give back to charity someday