A lot of people underestimate the value of their possessions hidden in the attic or are gathering dust in storage and buyers are willing to pay top dollar for rare gems or any items that are limited supply. Even everyday items can bring in some cash if you want to. As the saying goes, “ One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.”
When things get tight financially, here are 7 things you can sell to make money right off from the comfort of your own home:
- Clothes. There is a big chance that you have clothes that either don’t fit you anymore or you have only worn it a few times and decided to put it in the back closet. Why not make money from it? If these items are in good condition, you can cash in and sell them.
- Designer bags and shoes. Original designer bags and shoes are quite expensive when bought brand new. If you rarely use them anymore and feel that you can part with it, you can reclaim some of your money by selling these items online.
- Jewelry. If you have inherited a piece of jewelry that’s not your style or a ring you’re no longer using since you’re divorced or just old jewelry you want to get rid of, you might consider selling jewelry for cash. Fine jewelry can be worth a lot of money.
- Cellphones. Old, used and even damaged cell phone units can be sold for cash. Most devices still have some value even if they are broken or damaged, as long as they are fully functional and are also worth more if the item is in good condition with just the normal wear and tear.
- Gift Cards. There are millions of dollars worth of gift cards that go unused. If you think that you won’t be able to use those gift cards yourself, why not sell them too? There are also places that exchange gift cards for cash at grocery stores.
- Books. If you have books that you know you’ll never read again – instead of them taking up space and collecting dust in your book cabinet, you can easily turn them into cash when you sell them online. If you have first edition books and books signed by the author, it could be worth some cash.
- Furniture. If you’re moving into a smaller place and the furniture you presently got needs to go, or you got unwanted furniture in your home, this is also a good source of hidden cash. You can sell them locally on several social media platforms – just be sure you post pictures and show the dimensions of the furniture on the items you want to sell.
These are just a few ideas you can start with. Make some extra cash right in your own home with the items listed here and you just might be surprised how much you can come up with.
Photo: Flickr: Emily Carlin