For many people, timeshare resort units are a huge waste of money. Here are 10 things that the timeshare sales rep probably won’t tell you, but you should know before you consider buying one:
Why Are Timeshares a Bad Deal?
1. Timeshares Are a Lousy Investment
2. You Can Get the Same Timeshare for Pennies on the Dollar (or even free!)
3. You Lose 90% or More When You Sell
4. It’s Cheaper to Rent a Timeshare
5. Timeshares Come With Multiple Hidden Risks
6. Miss One Year and You’re Better Off Without a Timeshare
7. Trading Isn’t Near as Easy as Claimed
8. Most People Overpay for Their Timeshare by Financing it at High-Interest Rates
9. Travel Is Not Calculated When Comparisons Are Made
10. Hotel Prices Are Increasing (But So Are Timeshare Fees)
You really need to be careful with timeshares because they will suck your savings dry if you purchase on the image (what the timeshare sales reps sell) and not the financials of the deal. To this day, it’s still the issue I get the most emails about – people stuck with timeshares that they don’t want because the maintenance fees are killing their finances, but they aren’t even able to give the timeshare away (known as the Timeshare Trap – the timeshare resorts won’t take it back even for free because they want your yearly maintenance fees).
If you’re trying to get out of a timeshare and haven’t had any luck on your own, give the team at Newton Group Transfers a try. Call them now at 1-888-549-4154!
- Part 1: Why Timeshares Are Bad for You
- This is How Much Timeshare Ownership Really Costs
- Part 3: Are Timeshares Ever Worth It?
If you enjoy reading our blog posts and would like to try your hand at blogging, we have good news for you; you can do exactly that on Saving Advice. Just click here to get started.