Anyone following the presidential race has noted the presence of Donald Trump, the candidate who has always said what he wanted and, rude or not, people still love him. In fact, most of the time, people love him even more when he says something awful. At the most recent Trump rally, the businessman-turned-politician seemed to have a slip of the tongue.
At the rally, which took place in Buffalo, New York, Trump referred to the 9/11 terrorist attacks as “7/11.” Did the presidential have a slip of the tongue or did he have the popular convenience store on his mind? This slip comes just days after a gaffe at a rally in Pittsburgh where Trump asking how coach Joe Paterno was doing. Paterno died in 2012.
However, no one would blame Trump (this time) if he had 7-Eleven on the mind. The convenience store offers services that could change your life and the way you do things, so maybe Trump just discovered one of these six things you can do at 7-Eleven, according to A Cruising Couple:
- Pay your bills at 7-Eleven: Pay just about any bill you have at 7-Eleven. Whether it be an electric bill, water bill or a speeding ticket, you can pay it at the convenience store. This only works if your bill has a barcode somewhere on the letter or email. Go into 7-Eleven, scan the barcode and pay your bill.
- Get your laundry done: Drop your laundry off at 7-Eleven and for $3 they will take care of your dry cleaning for you. They will drop it off for you and you can pick it up at 7-Eleven when it is done. You will have to pay for the dry cleaning services as well, but if you are in a crunch for time this service could be useful. You can get your gas and drop your dry cleaning off at the same time.
- Send a package: You can send packages at 7-Eleven. You won’t be able to send them to a person’s specific address, but you can send them from 7-Eleven to 7-Eleven. This isn’t a huge issue though because there is a 7-Eleven practically everywhere, not to mention they greatly out-number post offices.
- Conveniently buy food and beverage: This point is pretty obvious if you’ve ever visited a 7-Eleven. You can not only get regular snack items, but you can also purchase some hot food items. If you pick up a microwaveable item, you can have the staff member there microwave the meal for you as well.
- Use the ATM: Just about every convenience store offers this service, however, 7-Eleven ATMs offer a wire transfer option. You can send money from one bank account to another from the ATM located in a 7-Eleven, which is awesome if you need money from one account to another or you need to send a friend money from wherever you are.
- Use Wi-Fi: You may not think of 7-Eleven as a place to pick up Wi-Fi, but they have it. You don’t have to pay anything to use it, you simply have to sign in to the Internet and you can begin browsing on your phone, tablet or laptop.
In addition to all of these perks of visiting a 7-Eleven, you can also become a member of the store’s esteemed sticker reward system. If you collect the stickers (or hole punches at some locations), you will receive some free product.
Don’t worry, Mr. Trump. If you had 7-Eleven on the mind, people will understand. After all, he may have had some dry cleaning to drop off and a package or two to send after he was done at the rally in Buffalo.
Photo: Flickr: Mike Mozart