As much as females across the globe love a good Pinterest find, we often find ourselves falling short when it comes to actually creating those adorable crafts we pinned to our “Party Planning” boards. But, we think we found a few DIY’s for this Sunday’s Super Bowl party you [hopefully] can’t mess up.
Decor and Accessories:
Image source: www.catchmyparty.com
- These free printables will come in hand for a quick, thrown together party. The best part about these simply-designed pieces is that the creator has even spelled out how to use each piece.
- More free printables including foldable snack trays and drink labels. One thing that may be obvious to note is that you will want to use a thick cardstock material to print the snack trays. Bonus included: Appetizer recipes
- Be inspired by this vintage football party theme or you can purchase the kit for yourself! (You may want to hurry if you want the kit before Sunday!)
- Create your own football field table with this cheap and easy step-by-step how to. If you have an old green rug you are no longer using, consider using this for your new craft. But, it would then perhaps not be the best choice to use this table for food. Agreed?
- If you’re good with wood, and you have a wood cutting tool handy, like a hand saw, you can make your own bleachers for your new football table. This can add a little extra pizzazz to your display, and it’s a great place to display all those cupcakes you’ll be baking.
- Want your event to be themed according to your team’s color? You can order these festive balloons from Amazon.com and get them by the weekend.
Finish off your decor with a few streamers or tulle from the Dollar Store or Party Store hanging from the arches of your home, and you’ll be set for guests to really feel ready for the big game.
Food and Appetizers:
- When it comes to your food, you can make enough for a crowd but still keep it cheap with this potato skins recipe. This is also a simple appetizer that isn’t complicated to make, and those are always a host or hostess’ favorite, right?
- Another simple menu item with a Super Bowl twist are these deviled eggs. Delicious, and you can make a dozen for under $10.
- The weather is predicted to be oddly warmer for this time of year, and summer drinks feel like a good fit for this game. Give this four ingredient drink recipe a try.
Pigs in a blanket, buffalo chicken dip, fish tacos and football cookies are all other options that may help you serve in bulk on a budget.
Time for games:
- What kind of party would it be without some games? No need to purchase any. Print out this Super Bowl bingo game with your guests and play during commercials or half-time.
- Start a game poll. Ask everyone to come early to put in their wagers on who they believe will win. Another free activity that keeps people mingling but also does not interfere with the game.
- Bet on how often the word football will be said during the game. You may be surprised.
All in all, the purpose of having friends come over is to spend that quality time with people you care about or are getting to know. If you want to be a great hostess while still incorporating some themed designs, this list should cover you at a low cost.