Albertsons Monopoly contest has begun again. People will be rushing to Albertsons-owned grocery and convenience stores in order to get their “free” game pieces. Obviously, you have to make a purchase to receive Monopoly game pieces in store, however, there are other alternative entries that you may be eligible for.
Qualified Albertsons Monopoly Entries
AMOE, or Alternate Method of Entry will begin on February 6, 2019. The game pieces can be purchased in participating Albertsons®, Safeway®, Pavilions®, Carrs®, Vons®, Randalls®, Eagle®, Pak ‘n Save®, Tom Thumb®, ACME Markets®, Jewel-Osco®, Shaw’s Supermarkets®, Star Markets®, United Supermarkets®, Market Street®, Amigos®, United Express®, Albertsons Market®, Lucky® (Southern California only) and Super Saver® stores (“Market Stores”) nationwide.
Interested customers must be at least 18 years of age and a legal U.S. resident to be eligible (All states are qualified except Florida).
Alternate Methods of Entry
1. No need to purchase tickets: Traditionally, all you have to do to be qualified for this Promotion, while game ticket supplies last, is make a purchase. This excludes lottery tickets, stamps, tobacco or alcohol products, or other products excluded by law, at any of the participating stores. A participant will receive bonus game tickets every time he/she purchases at any of the stores mentioned above. Online purchases are excluded. Bonus game tickets are available when the purchase of a participating product is made. See your local Albertsons-owned store for details.
2. Alternative entry method: You will receive one (1) Game Ticket and one (1) Bonus Game Ticket by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to MONOPOLY MON-09 Collect and Win Game Ticket Request, Attn: Promotions Coordinator, P.O. Box 965068, Marietta, GA 30066. Mail-in requests, including both outer envelope and SASE, must be handwritten and must be received no later than May 7, 2019. This is only available while ticket supplies last. Limit one request per envelope. Each request must be sent in a separate stamped envelopes with the information including the requestor’s first and last name, street address, city, state, and zip or postal code (name and address must match the return name and address on SASE) legibly handwritten in the upper left hand corner of the outer envelope. A separate MONOPOLY Collect and Win Employee Game will be held for Employees only.
3. To play: You must tear off the perforated portion to receive a special discount offer, online sweepstakes coupon code, instant prize grocery gift card, instant free product coupon or 2 free game ticket coupons. This comes with 4 game markers that can be used on the game board. You must moisten the glue strip on the back of the markers and the markers on the matching prize play area spaces on the game board. Do not glue or tape the game markers on the board permanently.
4. To win: The $1,000,000 Cash (30-year annuity) will be paid out in equal installments of $33,333.33 a year, with one initial payment and 29 additional annual payments with no interest accruing, or a single lump sum payment of $624,000 that will be awarded as a check. Everything else will be awarded as a check as well.
5. Ending of promotion: The scheduled end date for the game materials will be on May 7, 2019. Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded.
Second Chance Drawings
If you’ve been following Albertsons Monopoly for some time now, you know the grocer also offers second-chance drawings for its shoppers. You can enter your Monopoly codes online at www.shopplaywin.com for a second chance at winning the game.
This seems like an extra step that most people don’t want to take. However, keep in mind, a woman won the $1 million cash prize by filing for her second-chance drawing. There have also been several other large prizes awarded through the second-chance option.
Readers, are you searching for an Albertsons Monopoly game piece? Visit the Saving Advice forums game piece trading thread.