Monday, February 17, 2020, is Presidents’ Day, the third federal holiday of the year. Whenever there’s a federal holiday. Government employees typically get the day off. Additionally, many other types of companies close. This includes most financial institutions and even some retailers. However, stores aren’t required to turn away customers on Presidents’ Day. Instead, they get to choose whether to open. This can lead to some confusion. Particularly as many people would like to handle their shopping on this extra day off. If you are wondering is Target open on President’s Day 2020, here’s what you need to know.
Is Target Open on Presidents’ Day?
Yes, Target stores will be open on Monday, February 17, 2020. The company decided not to close their doors on this particular holiday. They may even host a sale connected to Presidents’ Day to try to draw in customers.
In fact, most major retailers open on this holiday. However, financial institutions typically don’t. It’s normal for banks and credit unions to close on Presidents’ Day. Additionally, the stock and bond markets aren’t open.
Does Target Have a Presidents’ Day Sale?
Yes, Target does have a sale on Presidents’ Day. Usually, the deals are available for the entire week and not just on the holiday itself. Also, you can find savings by shopping in-store or online. With this, you can handle your purchases whichever way suits you best.
Details about the Target Presidents’ Day sale are usually available no later than the Sunday before the holiday. For 2020, that means you should be able to view the sale flyer by Sunday, February 16, at the latest.
Target Holiday Schedule for 2020
On all but two major holidays, Target opens its doors and welcomes customers. In fact, the retailer only completely closes its stores twice a year. They also have limited store hours one additional day during the year. Otherwise, Target stores open in accordance with the location’s regular operating hours.
Here is an overview of the 2020 Target holiday schedule:
- Wednesday, January 1 (New Year’s Day): Target stores are open
- Monday, January 20 (Martin Luther King Jr. Day): Target stores are open
- Friday, February 14 (Valentine’s Day): Target stores are open
- Monday, February 17 (Presidents’ Day): Target stores are open
- Tuesday, March 17 (St. Patrick’s Day): Target stores are open
- Friday, April 10 (Good Friday): Target stores are open
- Sunday, April 12 (Easter Sunday): Target stores are closed
- Monday, April 13 (Easter Monday): Target stores are open
- Sunday, May 10 (Mother’s Day): Target stores are open
- Monday, May 25 (Memorial Day): Target stores are open
- Sunday, June 21 (Father’s Day): Target stores are open
- Saturday, July 4 (Independence Day): Target stores are open
- Monday, September 7 (Labor Day): Target stores are open
- Monday, October 12 (Columbus Day): Target stores are open
- Saturday, October 31 (Halloween): Target stores are open
- Wednesday, November 11 (Veteran’s Day): Target stores are open
- Thursday, November 26 (Thanksgiving Day): Target stores are open, but for limited hours
- Friday, November 27 (Black Friday): Target stores are open for extended hours
- Thursday, December 24 (Christmas Eve): Target stores are open, and they may have extended operating hours
- Friday, December 25 (Christmas Day): Target stores are closed
- Thursday, December 31 (New Year’s Eve): Target stores are open
- Friday, January 1, 2021 (New Year’s Day): Target stores are open
Extra Early Closure Days
It is important to note that 24-hour Target stores may have a few extra early closure days. For example, they might shut their doors at 10:00 pm or 11:00 pm on Christmas Eve instead of waiting until Christmas Day officially starts to close.
Additionally, there can be situations that cause a Target store to close even when the rest are open. For example, renovations, utility outages, severe weather, or similar events could prevent a Target from opening on certain days. In some cases, these closures may be unexpected or unplanned, particularly when weather issues or utility outages are involved.
2020 Target Store Hours
Not all Target locations follow the same schedule. However, aside from the limited number of 24-hour stores, most open and close around the same time.
Here is what an average Target store schedule looks like:
- Monday through Friday: 8:00 am to 9:00 pm or 10:00 pm
- Saturday: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm or 11:00 pm
- Sunday: 8:00 am to 9:00 pm or 10:00 pm
Some stores do deviate a bit from the schedule above. For example, they may open at 7:00 am instead of 8:00 am. Additionally, some locations stay open later on Friday and Saturday nights, leading them to close at midnight instead.
In many cases, stores that have longer opening hours are in high-traffic areas. This could include stores in cities or bigger towns where there is only one Target, leading everyone to shop at the same location who lives nearby.
Since Target store operating hours can vary, it’s wise to check with your preferred location before you shop early in the morning or late at night. That way, you can make sure that your store will be welcoming customers at that time. You can either call the store directly or head to the Target website and use the store locator to find out more.
Do you plan on shopping at Target this Presidents’ Day? Will you be shopping elsewhere on the holiday? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
- 2020 Federal Holiday Schedule
- Stock Market Holiday Schedule 2020
- Lowe’s Holiday Hours and Schedule
- Planet Fitness Holiday Hours and Schedule
- Chuck E. Cheese Hours and Holiday Schedule
If you enjoy reading our blog posts and would like to try your hand at blogging, we have good news for you; you can do exactly that on Saving Advice. Just click here to get started.