Columbus, or Indigenous Peoples’ Day, is the last shopping holiday before Black Friday. With that title comes the great responsibility of deals galore. Will it live up to its position this year?
Columbus Day is known for its deals on vehicles, and US News has round up the best of the best. This month is the start of the final quarter and the beginning period to market next year’s vehicles. The best deals – if you’re looking to purchase new – are on coupes, sedans, trucks, and vans. This year, there are several foreign and domestic brands offering 0% financing for up to six years or around $7,000 cashback. In some instances, like with the 2019 Dodge Ram 1500, you can get $4,000 cashback and a 0% annual percentage rate (APR) for 60 months.
However, if you’re looking for a sport utility vehicle or a variety of luxury vehicles, then leased or pre-owned deals are offering the most variety. You could lease a 2020 Toyota Corolla for $139 per month, or you can purchase a used Land Rover with an APR as low as 0.9%. Ensure you research the car you want, set a budget, and decide to buy or lease before heading to the dealership. Doing so saves time and helps you shop for a new car responsibly.
You can save on more than just cars and trucks on Columbus Day. If you’re looking for mattresses, you can save up to 60% at Macy’s and Sears. If you’re looking for home decor or appliances, try Blinds.com or Home Depot. AllModern has furniture up to 80% off when you use the site discount and promotional code, “GOBOLD,” for an additional 15%. Joss & Main have taken things a step further and reduced prices by up to 75% for its Fall Clearance event. However, you might want to consider waiting for Black Friday for devices. The rates will more than likely drop again between Columbus Day and Thanksgiving.
If you’re shopping for clothes at a deep discount, you can search online and in-store. Internet retailer Asos is slashing prices by as much as 80% for outerwear, shoes, and dresses. Nordstrom is lowering costs for clothes and accessories by 70% this weekend. Also, Amazon is selling Coach accessories at a considerable markdown with bags starting at $29.
If you need to find a flight for the holidays or want to get out of town, there are several travel sites with deals happening now. Southwest is taking 55% off of vacations when you book through their vacation-package site. Also, Samsonite is offering 50% off sitewide on luggage, with an additional 20% off with promotional code “EXTRA20” and free shipping over $99.
Here is a list of retailers offering the best deals on Columbus Day by percentage.
- AllModern (up to 80%, furniture)
- Asos (up to 80%, shoes)
- Joss & Main (up to 75%, home decor)
- Belk (up to 70%, miscellaneous)
- Gilt (up to 70%, accessories)
- H&M (up to 70%, accessories)
- Nordstrom (up to 70%, miscellaneous)
- Samsonite (up to 70%, luggage)
- Wayfair (up to 70%, home decor)
- Macy’s (up to 60%, miscellaneous)
- Sears (up to 60%, miscellaneous)
- Southwest (up to 55%, travel)
- Anthropologie (up to 50%, miscellaneous)
- Barneys Warehouse (up to 50%, apparel)
- Birch Lane (up to 50%, furniture)
- Blinds.com (up to 50%, home decor)
- Dick’s Sporting Goods (up to 50%, sporting goods)
- JCPenney’s (up to 50%, miscellaneous)
- Pottery Barn (up to 50%, home decor)
- AJ Madison (up to 45%, appliances)
- Rue La La (up to 40%, kitchen appliances)
- Home Depot (up to 35%, miscellaneous)
- Kohl’s (up to 30%, miscellaneous)
- Dormify (up to 25%, home decor)