Eighty-seven percent of Americans plan to celebrate the Fourth of July. Because many of us are planning big family gatherings, we need to keep cost in mind. It has become increasingly popular for hosts of parties to ask for guests to chip in for food or bring a dish. You certainly don’t want to show up empty-handed. With that in mind, many people may be searching for banks open on July 4th.
Banks Open on July 4th
Bad news: typically, banks and credit unions aren’t open on the Fourth of July because it is a federal holiday. So, you’ll want to get any serious business out of the way before the end of the day July 3. Otherwise, make sure it can wait until July 5th.
Those in need of a bank on the holiday will find that some locations of US Bank may have limited hours. If you have an account with them or you need to perform some urgent business, call the nearest location to verify their hours for Wednesday, July 4th. You may also have luck with some banks located in retail or grocery stores, however, you’ll want to call ahead to verify if they will be open and for how long.
Remember, if you aren’t a member of the bank you may incur charges. Banks charge for things like cashing checks and withdrawing money, however, you may be able to avoid those charges.
Even though your banks or credit union may be closed on the Fourth of July, mobile banking apps will still be fully functional. You will also be able to conduct any deposits, withdrawals, and balance inquiries at your bank’s ATM.
Keep in mind any transfers or deposits made on July 4th may be delayed until after the holiday and could take up to two days to post. (See: How long does it take a check to clear?) All in all, it is probably best to get your banking done before Independence Day.
Have a question about banking, investing, couponing, debt management, or saving? Join us in the Saving Advice forums for discussion on everything personal finance (and more).
- Here’s Where to Buy Fireworks (No Matter Where You Live)
- Fourth of July: Are FedEx, UPS, and the Post Office Open on July 4th?
- 4th of July: Major Retail Stores Open on Independence Day 2018
- Independence Day: What’s Open and What’s Closed on the Fourth of July 2018?
- 10 Must-Have Items for the Perfect 4th of July BBQ
- Fourth of July Deals and Freebies 2018
- 2018’s Top Summer Vacation Destinations
- Summer Allergy Update: Homeopathic Remedies for Allergies
- Summer Car Maintenance Tips to Beat the Heat
- Lawn Care for Extreme Summer Weather