Halloween has become one of America’s favorite holidays. This year, Halloween spending is expected to reach $8.8 billion. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a ton of money celebrating. If you’re looking for a way to save on your celebration, you may be asking yourself two questions, “what kind of Halloween candy is the cheapest” and “where are the best Halloween candy deals?”
What Kind of Halloween Candy is the Cheapest?
In general, the more generic brands of candy are going to be the cheapest to hand out on Halloween. Brand names such as Hershey’s and M&M’s will be on sale, but they’ll still be more expensive than generic candy. These are the cheapest kinds of candy you’ll find in 2019.
- Necco Wafers
- Dubble Bubble Gum
- Good & Plenty
- Tootsie Rolls
- Tootsie Pops
- Candy Jewelry
- Mary Jane Peanut Butter Kisses Candy
- Circus Peanuts
- Candy Dots
- Wax Bottles
- Now and Laters
- Candy cigarettes
- Boston Baked Beans
- Anything generic
Finding Cheap Name-Brand Candy
As mentioned above, name-brand candies will be on sale this time of year for Halloween. Looking at the list above, non-chocolate candy seems to be among the cheapest. So, if you are looking for cheap name-brand stuff, you may want to head the way of Smarties, Air Heads, and the like.
Another way you can save on all types of name-brand candy (chocolate and non-chocolate) is by buying the candy in bulk. Costco Halloween candy is amongst the cheapest name-brand candy to be had at this time of year. If you’re planning ahead, you may even want to grab some additional candy for Thanksgiving gatherings and Christmas stockings.
Costco isn’t the only store offering up savings on Halloween candy this year either. Check out the stores below.
Target Halloween Candy
- Childs Play Halloween Candy Bag (52.8 ounces) – $7.99
- Tootsie Pop Miniatures Halloween Bag (280 count) – $7.99
- Haribo Halloween Trick or Treat Mix (80 count) – $7.99
Candy at Walmart
Walmart also has some great deals available. Most of the bags available at this retailer are a bit larger than the ones found at Target, making the purchase more expensive, but the price-per-piece much cheaper.
- Smarties Halloween Candy Rolls (3 lbs) -$4.88
- Skittles and Starburst Halloween Candy Full-Size Variety Mix (18-Count) – $11.84
- Hershey’s, Halloween Miniatures Assorted Chocolate Candy (400 Pieces) – $23.98
Party City Halloween Candy
Party City is a one-stop-shop for Halloween costumes, decorations, and candy. They are currently offering 20 percent off of eligible orders online. Here are just a few of the deals available.
- Skittles & Starburst Fun Size Variety Mix (90-count) – $12.99
- Brach’s Sweet & Sour Kiddie Mix (280-count) – $19.99
- Nestle Candy Mixups (200-count) – $16.99
Amazon Candy Deals
In many places, you should be able to get same-day delivery with Amazon Prime. If that’s the case, you can still score great deals on Amazon when shopping for Halloween candy. Here are this year’s deals.
- Airheads Candy Bars, Variety Halloween Bulk Box (60 Count) – $4.99
- LA Signature Assorted Classic Candy (430 pieces) – $49.99
- MARS Chocolate Favorites Halloween Candy Bars Variety Mix Bag (400 Pieces) – $39.93
When it comes to finding out what kind of Halloween candy is the cheapest, there are a few things to consider. What kind of candy do you what? How much are you willing to spend? How much do you need? Either way, these candy options are the cheapest out there this year.