McDonald’s Monopoly is something that is highly anticipated for many people throughout the year. If you are one of those people, you will be overjoyed to know that the game for this year has started and will run through April 25. If you are anticipating playing this year’s McDonald’s Money Monopoly game, there are some things you can go ahead and do to get started.
Everyone who plays the game should understand how each of the game pieces that you collect work. Each set of properties (like in the game of Monopoly) contains two to four locations. However, within each property set, each location has different odds of being found. There is at least one game piece within a property set that is not as likely to be found. These pieces are considered to be “rare” game pieces.
What are the McDonald’s Money Monopoly Rare Game Pieces?
Below you’ll find a list of the ten rare McDonald’s Money Monopoly game pieces within each property set for 2016, and the odds of finding them.
- Short Line Railroad (1 in 57,833,265)
- Water Works (1 in 162,960,407)
- Mediterranean Avenue (1 in 651,842)
- Vermont Avenue (1 in 144,583,163)
- Virginia Avenue (1 in 130,368,326)
- Tennessee Avenue (1 in 2,429,970)
- Kentucky Avenue (1 in 32,592,082)
- Ventnor Avenue (1 in 8,691,222)
- Pennsylvania Avenue (1 in 325,920,814)
- Boardwalk (1 in 651,841,628)
Below is a bit more information about each of the property sets for the game:
- Prizes of $25 or less (food) can be found through “instant win” game pieces. You can collect on these without gathering multiple game pieces.
- Mediterranean Avenue and Baltic Avenue have 1,000 prizes of $50 available. Mediterranean Avenue is the rare piece of the property set. You can also win $50 by getting an “instant win” piece.
- By collecting the Railroads (Reading, Pennsylvania, B&O and Shortline), you can win $500.
Oriental Avenue, Vermont Avenue, and Connecticut Avenue will get you a prize of $1,000 cash. Vermont Ave. is going to be the difficult piece to find within the set.
- Collecting St. Charles Place, States Avenue, and Virginia Avenue will get you a prize of $2,000. Virginia Ave only has 1 in 130,368,326 chances of being found though.
- By collecting St. James Place, Tennessee Avenue, and New York Avenue, you will receive a prize of a whopping $5,000. Tennessee Ave is one of the more commonly found rare game pieces.
- Gathering Kentucky Avenue, Indiana Avenue, and Illinois Avenue will get you a grand prize of $10,000. Finding all four may be a bit difficult though!
- Atlantic Avenue, Ventnor Avenue, and Marvin Gardens bundled up together will get a lucky someone $25,000.
- Collect Pacific Avenue, North Carolina Avenue, and Pennsylvania Avenue and win $50,000. You can also win $50,000 by entering the sweepstakes online.
- Park Place and Boardwalk have one singular prize of $1,000,000. Boardwalk will be the difficult piece to find, however, it has happened before!
As always, don’t spend too much money trying to win money (it defeats the purpose). Also, be sure to trade safely and be wary of anyone trying to trade rare game pieces with you (it is likely a scam). Be sure to trade pieces on a reputable site (like Saving Advice) and also be sure that the person is providing information to you in the public forum. Happy hunting!
Photo: Flickr: Danijel James