This year, Memorial Day falls on Monday, May 28. You probably have that day off work — and that also means that many businesses and just about all government organizations are going to close for the day.
There will be no mail delivery, nor will there be any post office employees on duty that day.
However, that doesn’t mean self-service options aren’t available. Mailboxes and drop slots aren’t locked up on federal holidays.
Additionally, individuals can more often than not access their post office boxes since those are usually in an unsecured part of the building.
Some self-service locations even have package weighing and postage printing machines, allowing you to get that important box or envelope in the mail.
Is the Post Office Open on Memorial Day Weekend?
The holiday closure of the post office on Memorial Day itself has no impact on Saturday deliveries — and you can expect your nearest post office location to continue its regular hours for that day.
Remember that most post office locations have reduced hours on Saturdays.
It’s always a good idea to check the schedule at your local post office before you head there anyway.
Readers, what sort of plans are you making for Memorial Day weekend?
- What’s Open on Memorial Day 2018?
- 5 Great Getaway Ideas for Memorial Day Weekend
- Memorial Day Deals and Freebies 2018
- Organizations that Help Veterans (and How You Can Get Involved)
- Which Retailers Offer Discounts to Veterans?
- What’s the Difference Between Memorial Day and Veterans Day?
- Will Heatwaves and Rainstorms Set New Records This Summer?
- Summer Road Trip Planning: Campgrounds, Trailer Parks, or Hotels?
- How to Choose the Best Summer Camp for Your Child
- Simple Safety Tips for Barbecuing Memorial Day Weekend
- 10 Ways to Save Money When Visiting the Beach
If you enjoy reading our blog posts and would like to try your hand at blogging, we have good news for you; you can do exactly that on Saving Advice. Just click here to get started.