Tax Day falls on Monday, April 15 in 2019. Usually, this is a day filled with money stress — at least for those who wait until the final day to file their taxes or pay their IRS bill. However, there are also some exciting Tax Day deals and freebies if you know where to look. Here’s how you can save some money on Tax Day specials and sales in 2019.
There are a surprising number of restaurant deals on April 15, 2019. If you need a chance to de-stress and would appreciate a nice meal, snack, or beverage, here are some options to check out on Tax Day.
- Bananas Smoothies & Frozen Yogurt: Free small frozen yogurt on Tax Day
- Boston Market: $10.40 meal special featuring a half chicken meal, two sides, cornbread, and regular fountain drink
- Bruegger’s Bagels: Get 13 bagels and two cream cheese tubs for $10.40 (must be a Bruegger’s Inner Circle member or have claimed the offer at the company’s website
- California Tortilla: Free chips and queso when you tell the server “1040”
- Cici’s Pizza: $4.15 adult buffet with coupon and the purchase of a large drink
- Firehouse Subs: Free medium sub with purchase of a full-price large or medium sub, chips, and a beverage (with coupon)
- Great American Cookies: Free Original Chocolate Chip cookie (at participating locations)
- Hardee’s: Free sausage biscuit between 7:00 am and 10:00 am when you say, “Made from scratch” (while supplies last)
- Hot Dog on a Stick: Free veggie or turkey hotdog
- Menchie’s: Free $5 frozen yogurt by downloading the app by April 15
- Noodles & Company: NoodlesREWARDS members get $4 off mobile and online orders totaling $10 or more (must sign up for the rewards program by April 9)
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop: Mention it is Tax Day and get a BOGO free deal for entrees
- Schlotzsky’s: Free small original sandwich with chips and medium drink purchase
- Smooth King: $2 off a 20-ounce smoothie (through the Smoothie King Healthy Rewards mobile app)
- White Castle: 15 percent off any order (with a coupon that will be posted to social media and emailed to subscribers)
There aren’t as many retail deals for Tax Day. Usually, retailers focus on holidays, and April 15 is more like a deadline. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t find a great Tax Day deal or freebie, including those listed below.
- Office Depot / Office Max: Free shredding (with coupon) for up to five pounds of documents
- Planet Fitness: Free HydroMassage chair sessions (with a coupon that will be available starting April 11) for members and non-members
You may be surprised to learn that there are travel deals available on and around Tax Day. If you want to take a trip soon but haven’t started booking your accommodations, here are some deals to look into this April 15.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites: Guests who book a stay at the Miami location on April 15 get 20 percent off a future stay (future stay must be a minimum of two nights)
- Hotwire: With promo code TAXGETAWAY15, get $15 off a $150 Hot Rate hotel deal
- Orbitz: Sign up for Orbitz Rewards and book a hotel or vacation package on April 15 and the company will refund your sales tax as Orbucks Rewards points when you head to this site (which will be live on April 15).
More Tax Day Deals and Freebies to Come
There is still plenty of time for more retailers, restaurants, and other businesses to offer Tax Day deals, so don’t be surprised if you spot a few more before Monday, April 15. Here are a few places that offered Tax Day freebies and deals last year, but have yet to announce any official plans for 2019:
- Bite Squad
- BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse
- Captain D’s
- Outback Steakhouse
- F. Chang’s
- Piada Italian Street Food
While there is no guarantee that the above restaurants and retailers will offer a deal on Tax Day, it could be worth keeping an eye out. Usually, information about the specials and sales is available on company websites and social media accounts. Additionally, email subscribers might receive notification directly.
With a little planning, you can easily take advantage of several of these Tax Day deals. If you find yourself near a participating location, consider stopping in so you can enjoy the freebies and discounts.
Do you know of any other Tax Day deals and freebies people should know about? Share them in the comments below.
- What Happens If You Don’t File Taxes?
- 2019 Average Tax Refund
- What’s the Best Way to Settle Your IRS Tax Bill?
If you enjoy reading our blog posts and would like to try your hand at blogging, we have good news for you; you can do exactly that on Saving Advice. Just click here to get started.
Like Saving Advice? Subscribe!
Subscribe to get the latest Saving Advice content via email.