Last-minute shoppers may be interested in learning how late (or early) retailers are closing the week before Christmas. Because many people put off shopping until the days, and even hours, before the holiday, many stores are open extended hours the week before. Target is one of the retailers offering extended shopping time for customers. Below you’ll find the Target Christmas store hours.
Target Christmas Store Hours
The store will open the following hours leading up to Christmas.
- Tuesday, December 16: Target will be open from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM.
- Wednesday, December 17: Target will be open from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM.
- Thursday, December 18: Target will be open from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM.
- Friday, December 21: Target will be open from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM.
- Saturday, December 22: Target will be open from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM.
- Sunday, December 23: Target will be open from 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
- Christmas Eve: Monday, December 24: Target will be open from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
- Christmas Day: Tuesday, December 25: Target will be closed.
- Wednesday, December 26: Target will be open from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM.
If you want to see what other days and times Target is closed throughout the year, check out the Target Holiday Schedule.
Saving Money at Christmas Time
Extended shopping hours are great but it is important to also stay within your Christmas budget. Last-minute shopping doesn’t mean you don’t have to keep your finances in mind. Before heading out, have a gift in mind so you aren’t compulsively shopping. You can also save money at Target a number of other ways.
- Target REDcard: By using your Target REDcard at Target or Target.com, you immediately get 5% off your entire purchase. There are some exclusions, so you’ll want to visit the company’s website to be sure your purchase will qualify for this discount.
- Coupons: Target accepts manufacturer coupons and occasionally you may find a Target-specific coupon floating around in your mailbox. Depending on what coupons you’re able to find, you can save quite a bit of money.
- Clearance: Most retailers have some sort of clearance rack or clearance sale going on all the time. Check out Target’s clearance section and see if there are any good potential gifts there.
- Sales: Target circulates paper flyers every week with its latest sales. If you can manage to shop the sales, you can usually get a pretty good deal.
- Target Brand: Lastly, try out the Target brand. Shopping name brand items can be expensive and switching to the store brand can prove to save you quite a bit of money (with little to no quality difference).
As always, if you are having trouble finding the right gift, you can never go wrong with a gift card or cash for Christmas. Both of these things will be more appealing than a last-minute gift they don’t really want. Target has a wide variety of gift cards for different retailers and restaurants for sale online and in the store. They make a great last-minute buy!
Readers, have you gotten your Christmas shopping out of the way yet?
- Target Holiday Schedule 2018 and Store Hours
- Is Target REDcard Worth It?
- Does Target Have Gift Registries?
- Target Return Policy
Like Saving Advice? Subscribe!
Subscribe to get the latest Saving Advice content via email.