Halloween has become one of America’s favorite holidays. This year, Halloween spending is expected to reach $9 million. But that doesn’t mean you should have to spend a ton of money celebrating. If you’re looking for a way to save on your celebration, you may be asking yourself two questions, “what kind of Halloween candy is the cheapest” and “where are the best Halloween candy deals?”
What Kind of Halloween Candy is the Cheapest?
In general, the more generic brands of candy are going to be the cheapest to hand out on Halloween. Brand names like Hershey’s and M&M’s will be on sale, but they’ll still be more expensive than generic candy. These are the cheapest kinds of candy you’ll find in 2018.
- Necco Wafers
- Dubble Bubble Gum
- Good & Plenty
- Tootsie Rolls
- Candy Jewelry
- Mary Jane Peanut Butter Kisses Candy
- Circus Peanuts
- Candy Dots
- Wax Bottles
- Now and Laters
- Candy cigarettes
- Boston Baked Beans
- Anything generic
Finding Cheap Name-Brand Candy
As mentioned above, name-brand candies will be on sale this time of year for Halloween. Looking at the list above, non-chocolate candy seems to be among the cheapest. So, if you are looking for cheap name-brand stuff, you may want to head the way of Smarties, Air Heads, and the like.
Another way you can save on all types of name-brand candy (chocolate and non-chocolate) is by buying the candy in bulk. Costco Halloween candy is amongst the cheapest name-brand candy to be had at this time of year. If you’re planning ahead, you may even want to grab some additional candy for Thanksgiving gatherings and Christmas stockings.
Costco isn’t the only store offering up savings on Halloween candy this year either. Check out the stores below.
- Mars Chocolate Favorites Halloween Variety Bag (90-count) – $8.99
- Reese’s, Whoppers, Kit Kat, Jolly Rancher, and Twizzlers Variety Bag (110-count) – $8.99
- Nestle Halloween Variety Bag (90-count) – $8.99
- Skittles Original Fun Size (20-count) – $2.69
- Skittles, Starburst and Life Savers Halloween Fun Size Mix (180-count) – $14.99
Candy at Walmart
Walmart also has some great deals available. Most of the bags available at this retailer are a bit larger than the ones found at Target, making the purchase more expensive, but the price-per-piece much cheaper.
- Reese’s & Kit Kat, Halloween Candy Assortment (90-count) – $14.74
- Child’s Play Candy Variety Bag (3.5 lbs) – $8.58
- Smarties (3 lbs) – $15.41
- Hershey’s Full-Size Chocolate Candy Bars (18-count) – $11.84
- M&M’s Fun-Size Variety Bag (5.3 lbs) – $20.50
CVS Halloween Candy
CVS has a great Halloween deal going on for last-minute candy buyers. Buy one bag of candy, get the second one for free. The drugstore is also a good place to check the day after Halloween to score awesome deals on marked down candy for the rest of the year.
Amazon Candy Deals
In many places, you should be able to get same-day delivery with Amazon Prime. If that’s the case, you can still score great deals on Amazon when shopping for Halloween candy. Here are this year’s deals.
- Nestle Chocolate Assorted Minis Bag Two Pack (80 oz) – $26.60
- Snickers Mini Chocolate Bars (40 oz) – $9.94
- Snickers, Twix, 3 Musketeers, Milky Way Variety Bag (240 pieces) – $14.50
- Nestle Assorted Halloween Chocolate Bag (64 oz) – $15.52
- Hershey’s Chocolate Assortment (38.9 oz) – $9.88
When it comes to finding out what kind of Halloween candy is the cheapest there are a few things to consider. What kind of candy do you what? How much are you willing to spend? How much do you need? Either way, these candy options are the cheapest out there this year.