Roughly 60 percent of Americans plan to take a summer vacation this year, and a lot of them intend to go to the beach. Throughout the year, about 58 million people visit the beach, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
Although not everyone considers beach towels a necessity, they certainly serve a purpose. They’re larger than the ones you keep in the bathroom, so there’s room for lounging on them.
Since beach towels are usually seasonal items, getting them at bargain prices is ideal — here are a few pointers on how to do that.
Don’t Buy Them from Tourist Traps
Any store that looks like a magnet for tourists headed to the beach probably won’t save you any money. You pay more for their convenient location than the actual quality of the beach towels you might find there.
Try other types of retailers located away from beaches and resorts. Better yet, shop for beach towels before you leave for vacation and you’ll probably get more reasonable prices.
The Best Deals on Beach Towels
Otherwise, you might find even lower prices by shopping online, especially at Amazon, where the prices tend to be low year round. The site is currently offering packs of two beach towels for less than $13 and free shipping with a membership in Prime.
Almost as good: Overstock has packs of two beach towels for just over $20 and four-packs for about $42.
In many cases, free shipping means you might be able to have the beach towels delivered to your vacation hotel.
Wherever you decide to shop for beach towels, you’ll find better deals if you comparison shop first.
Readers, where have you found the best deals on beach towels and other summer items?
Looking for more great articles about summer? Give these a try:
- The Best Swimsuits of 2018: What’s Trendy and Affordable?
- The Best Beaches to Travel to This Summer
- How to Make Your Very Own 100-Foot Water Slide!
- What’s the Best Sunscreen for Summer 2018?
- Will Heatwaves and Rainstorms Set New Records This Summer?
- Summer Road Trip Planning: Campgrounds, Trailer Parks, or Hotels?
- Mega-List of North America’s Best Hiking Trails
- 10 Fun Things That Are Cheaper Than a Swimming Pool
- Keep Cool Without Overspending This Summer
- Protect Yourself Against Mosquitoes and Tick Bites This Summer
- Climate Change Warning: Gulf Stream Currents at 1,600 Year Low
- How to Negotiate a Summer Home Rental
If you enjoy reading our blog posts and would like to try your hand at blogging, we have good news for you; you can do exactly that on Saving Advice. Just click here to get started.