Are you stumped about what to bring to the Memorial Day barbecues you’ve been invited to? We have just the thing: The best chocolate chip recipe ever — it makes about six dozen soft and chewy cookies.
1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 cups semi of sweet chocolate chips
1 cups chopped nuts (optional)
Directions: The Best Chocolate Cookie Recipe
1. Heat oven to 375° F.
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl until creamy.
3. Add in eggs then beat well.
4. Mix together all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt — beating it all well.
5. Mix in chocolate chips and nuts.
6. Chill the cookie batter in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or for better results, chill it overnight.
7. Scoop up a rounded teaspoon of cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet — you could also use an ice cream scooper if you have one. Repeat this process until you fill up the sheets. Remember to leave enough space between cookies so they don’t accidentally cook together.
8. If desired, you can press in a few chocolate chips on top of the dough.
9. Bake for eight to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
10. Let the cookies cool for about 10 minutes on cookie sheet.
11. Use a spatula to transfer them from the cookie sheet to a wire rack and let them cool completely.
Quick tip: Chilling the cookie dough at least 30 minutes or overnight before baking makes it chewy, creates more texture, concentrates the flavor and reduces the degree to which each cookie spreads out on the sheet. It does make all the difference.
Readers, please let us know what you think of this recipe — tell us about your experience with baking the cookies by posting about it in the comments section beneath this post.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might like these other food-related articles in our archives:
- Shrimp Scampi Pasta Recipe
- Recipe: Yummy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Easy Roast Prime Rib Recipe
- You’ll Love This Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- Here’s a Recipe for National Honey Glazed Ham Day
- 10 Ways To Get Garlic Breath from Amazon
- The Top 5 Grilled Cheese Restaurants on the Planet
- Beer-Battered Fish Recipe for National Beer Day
- Healthy Ramen Recipes You Can Start Making Today
If you enjoy reading our blog posts and would like to try your hand at blogging, we have good news for you; you can do exactly that on Saving Advice. Just click here to get started.
Like Saving Advice? Subscribe!
Subscribe to get the latest Saving Advice content via email.